• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A brand new video card, which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amana

Well... in the past five years I had 2 ASUS video cards; the V9520GE (geForce5200 256) and V9999GT (6800GT 256), which i modded to ultra; this one i shake, wrap, bounce, ultraover, and all my efforts seems unnoticed... ;) as a gamer at first, i can tell you that FEAR, FARCRY, HL2, OBLIVION, BF2 & 2142, GRAW goes from mid-high to high-very high settings with no problems (ok ok, GRAW mid-mid sweating a lot mid-hhhhhigh :D )
obviously, it s getting tired, and probably the very new games will insult its beautiful glowing blue light...
my.php
[/URL][/IMG] so, I was thinking. IMHO, ASUS brand is the most reliable and flexible hardware, even nowadays, when NVidia is f****** our patience with its f****** behaviour. I never experienced ATI (ops - maybe this is not the right place to talk about it :argue: ), but I notice that nice and fair winds are pushing R600 to the top expectations... I'm going to change my video card in the next two/three months, so, will you be nice and tell your honest opinion about:

1) That's the time for a change, ATI's R600 will rock it all out, wait and go with ASUS?
2) ASUS is for sure the most reliable and flexible hardware, stay with it, wait a bit more and buy a NVIdia based card;
3) You're wrong, XXXXX is more reliable and flexible than ASUS, because...

Last edited:
Usually with nivdia card evga, bfg and xfx are the most user mentioned brands.

As goes for r600 for now it not confirmed how it performs in comparison to g80, so there is not much to discuss. Untill the card is released and benches start to show up, everything will be just speculations.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

To determine the right type of card for you, we need to know your system specs.

Mainly because there is a high possibility that your system might bottleneck a NV 8800 XXX card or r600.

As far as brands... i would buy a EVGA if your going nvidia. Simply because they have a lifetime warranty and the step up program is handy. If your going with an ATI based card, I've always had good luck with Sapphire and ATI.

TheCheat said:
Welcome to the forums.

To determine the right type of card for you, we need to know your system specs.

Mainly because there is a high possibility that your system might bottleneck a NV 8800 XXX card or r600.

As far as brands... i would buy a EVGA if your going nvidia. Simply because they have a lifetime warranty and the step up program is handy. If your going with an ATI based card, I've always had good luck with Sapphire and ATI.
Thank you all. I'm building a new rig, since november'06 and going for the next two or three months - actually, I have these:

E6600 Intel processor
eVGA 680i Motherboard
Samsung 931C 19" LCD Monitor
Koolance (Exos 2) water cooler
Enermax Galaxy 1000 PSU
Corsair XMS2 Dominator DDR2 RAM (TWIN2X2048-8500C5D) memory

Next, I'm planning to acquire 2x500 Seagate HD and a HUGE case :D , mostly because I'm afraid of the video card size. As you can see, I already have one eVGA mobo, but until this moment in which you are talking nice words about eVGA video, I frankly didn't have a clue about it. Because the video card will be the last component I'll buy, I'll wait and see the news until april - but now with eVGA as a top idea.

another vote for the 8 series. upgrading from my 6800 to my 8800 is like night/day diff. the whole AGP to PCIe thing didnt hurt either.... ;) :)

Back