• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED a good budget board for FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's it I'm out C_D I'm kinda partial to my 6350, I don't know if I could part with it.

johan, here's how I see it.
I get the 1100t that will do 4.1, it equals my 6300 at 4.7 or so.
I get a $50 air cooler, he needs a $300 cooling system that i just happen to have laying around.
as long as he never reads this post I should have me a deal.

what I hope he takes from our banter is that just getting a 6300 is not an upgrade in and of itself.
those of us who own these things and have used them have a very good reason to be trying to pass the info along.

I would love to have his 1100t, pair it with a good video card and I would have a smoking gamming rig on air.

what I hope he takes from our banter is that just getting a 6300 is not an upgrade in and of itself.
those of us who own these things and have used them have a very good reason to be trying to pass the info along.

I would love to have his 1100t, pair it with a good video card and I would have a smoking gamming rig on air.

Oh I know it, just a bit of sarcastication going on. You're right though With some new pieces to push that thing he's a crappy hamper!!

To be fair, the Phenom II may be a slightly superior architecture, but I rarely felt wanting with my FX-4100, compared to my Phenom II 920 I had before.

You guys are too much....haha. Thanks for all the assistance everyone. For now, my friend will be keeping the 1100T. I hope that it can do 4Ghz with 1.5V coz I'm not going higher than 1.5V for normal use. By the way, all these discussion is reminding me about my 1055T. "RGone" and "Trents" had helped me to OC the 1055T to 4.2Ghz though the voltage required was 1.55V. I upgraded from the 1055T to the FX 8320, which also runs at 4.2Ghz. Guys, did I make a mistake?? Was the 1055T at the same clock speed better than my 8320 at 4.2Ghz??

johan, here's how I see it.
I get the 1100t that will do 4.1, it equals my 6300 at 4.7 or so.
I get a $50 air cooler, he needs a $300 cooling system that i just happen to have laying around.
as long as he never reads this post I should have me a deal.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the $300 cooling system you have lying around ?? :eek:

@ "dj1992". I read your first post and tried to put my ownself in your shoes and you working with a buddy to put a system together. And from the gist I get, you will also be pretty responsible for your buddies rig. All that taken into account, I would not think to suggest a brand of mobo not already in your close up knowledge base. H*ll you already have experience with the Asrock EXT4 thing and have good results.

The problem from the outset is that most people have bought on price alone. They bought the cheap arse 970 chipset boards and that was for Asrock the EXT3's. I looked thru the specs for every 990X or 990FX board from the beginning of the later FX series of cpus and 'every' 990 chipset board was more robust than that brands 970 boards. Cheaper chipset just brought a cheaper board all around. IF and that has been huge for a little over 2 years now, if the consumer had spent just a hair more and gotten the Asrock 990FX EXT4 to begin with, we would have seen a much greater following for that board. It showed the better stuff 2 years ago and still is a pretty darn good mid-level board with the ability to go SLI or Crossfire as well at a pretty fair price point. Now that is how that board, at least in these forums, has gone mostly unnoticed. Not that it ever was useless but buying habits that major on cheap0 kept it overlooked.

Now I agree with "manny" that trying out the 1100T on a good board with faster ram would be my course of action. Heck you can buy the FX-6300 at any time. But if you/he could only get to 4.0Ghz with that 1100T it would still take about 4.5Ghz for the FX-6300 to perform more so than the 1100T at just 4.0Ghz.

You have already been around inside the bios of your EXT4. You do not have to go and REinvent the wheel with another brand. Crap, I think you should get a CHV or the Sabertooth 990 board, BUT h*ll man I am biased that way AND I put my bias away in order to get inline with you and your buds needs.

EXT4, push/pull 212 EVO, faster ram and give that Thuban a circle around the block. That is what is likely the most sensible and in the long run the better system alternative.
No matter what man...good fortune to you and your bud.
RGone...ster.

Exactly bro, you just took away my own words. :salute: Since I have owned both the boards, I was suggesting my friend either of the two because then I would not have to relearn the settings of the BIOS.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the $300 cooling system you have lying around ?? :eek:

XSPC RayStorm 750 RX360 Water Cooling Kit
http://www.xoxide.com/xspc-raystorm750rx360watercoolingkit.html

Caddi Daddi has at least something along these lines. He may not have bought in kit form but piece by piece and made mods to the overall purchase. Good watercooling is not cheap at all. But for really fast FX 6 and 8 core cpus; kits similar or pieced together by the owner are a must. And there are as many ways to get there as there are prices. Opinions abound as to what is better to best or any stop along the way.
RGone...

By the way the 1055T at 4.2Ghz was pretty stout. Depending on the application in use, the two at 4.2Ghz might give a slight edge to the 1055T.
RGone...Again.

You guys are too much....haha. Thanks for all the assistance everyone. For now, my friend will be keeping the 1100T. I hope that it can do 4Ghz with 1.5V coz I'm not going higher than 1.5V for normal use. By the way, all these discussion is reminding me about my 1055T. "RGone" and "Trents" had helped me to OC the 1055T to 4.2Ghz though the voltage required was 1.55V. I upgraded from the 1055T to the FX 8320, which also runs at 4.2Ghz. Guys, did I make a mistake?? Was the 1055T at the same clock speed better than my 8320 at 4.2Ghz??

^^^^^^yes^^^^^,( in single threaded apps), ^^^^^no^^^^^ (in multi threaded apps).

I don't know why the FX 6000 and FX 8000 chips require so much cooling. My brother has a FX 4300 at 4Ghz and he uses a CM Hyper 212 EVO along with a HD 7870. While playing games, temps never go above 50C.

Anyways, I researched a bit and found that the 1100T is surely worth over the 6300. Thanks for pointing this out guys. Here's the link comparing Vishera and Thuban at same clocks.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...15-amd-vishera-fx-6300-fx-4300-review-15.html

then the m5a99fx is a very good fit for you, and like I said I'll swap processors with you and I'll pay the shipping on both.

why more cooling??? the bulldozer and piledriver cpu's are not nearly as good as phenom with air cooling.

why do you think I would make that offer in an open forum??? I am not an idiot, your 1100t is just that much better at those clocks than any 6300 out there.

if you think I'm kidding pm any one in this thread and they will tell you I am not joking, I want an 1100t.

then the m5a99fx is a very good fit for you, and like I said I'll swap processors with you and I'll pay the shipping on both.

why more cooling??? the bulldozer and piledriver cpu's are not nearly as good as phenom with air cooling.

why do you think I would make that offer in an open forum??? I am not an idiot, your 1100t is just that much better at those clocks than any 6300 out there.

if you think I'm kidding pm any one in this thread and they will tell you I am not joking, I want an 1100t.

I sold my 1055T a couple of months ago. I feel really bad. I should have come to this forum before selling it. That way, you could have got my 1055T. I know its not a 1100T but still it could be overclocked to 4.2Ghz. One of my friends still has a 1055T. I'm gonna talk with him and see if he's interested in swapping his 1100T with a FX 6300. If he says yes, I'll pm you. :)

how bad of a deal do I think the 6300 for the 1100t is? I'll throw in my 8120 also.......

that's 14 cores for 6.......

Back