• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A85 Chipset Tweaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

I'm currently at ~4.2GHZ on my A10-5800 but I would like to go to at least 4.6 or higher, if possible. That's going to require some chipset tweaking and I am completely unfamiliar with AMD Chipset features. Temps are very good right now (Low 40's C)

I'm running Four 4GB DIMMS but I have 16GB of HyperX Beast 2133MHz DDR3 (2x8GB DIMMS) arriving today and I have some questions I hope someone can answer.

Since I haven't really tweaked much on AMD-based systems since my old 2500+ Barton at 2525MHz I would appreciate some assistance in what settings I need to change on my motherboard to achieve a good overclock.

The A85 Chipset has several options I'm unfamiliar with so if someone could educate me on the settings I should be researching I'd appreciate it.

FYI, I'm currently using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Heatsink with a pair of Cougar 120mm fans in push/pull in a Coolermaster HAF XB Case, and I have two Cougar 140mm intake fans on the front blowing in, the two fans on the heatsink blowing towards the back exhaust, and a 120mm Cougar exhausting air out the back of the case behind the heatsink, so I believe I'm set as far as air flow is concerned.

Edited to add I am using the MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 motherboard

Last edited:
Back