• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32-SLI-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it was when I tried to boost the FSB to 255. Over the weekend I have moved everything back to stock but manually set the HT multi at 5x and memclock limit to 200 and started to increase the FSB again. With the multi at 5x, all I can get is a FSB of 220. The reason why I did is that I wanted to test the proformance at stock and have a reference point to compare my oc settings to. With SiSandra, PCMark and the in-game tests, I now have more testing to run before increasing the FSB again and lowering the multi to 4x.

I got the bfg tech 8800 gts 640mg aswell :), btw QI I'm still at 2760mhz with my new hsf installed temps dont go past 44c under load, but still have stability issues if i go any higher.

it was when I tried to boost the FSB to 255. Over the weekend I have moved everything back to stock but manually set the HT multi at 5x and memclock limit to 200 and started to increase the FSB again. With the multi at 5x, all I can get is a FSB of 220.
And 220 is about the point where most RAM sticks running stock settings start giving out.

I wouldn't push the HT Link any higher than that anyway - 1100 MHz is plenty.

... btw QI I'm still at 2760mhz with my new hsf installed temps dont go past 44c under load, but still have stability issues if i go any higher.
With a 0602 chip that may be the limit - they weren't the best clockers out there. 07xx are almost all good for 2.9 - 3.0 GHz and the 0610 is good for that as well. But I've got a couple of chips around here that won't even make the 2760 you've got ...

Hey all. New to the OCF, and new to overclocking too. Last time I OC'd it was with my old P4 and it was simple. Now I have an FX-60 on the A8NSLI-Deluxe and nothing is easy any more :( I'm running a BFG GTX260, 3GB G.Skill PC3200 and a Velociraptor 300GB HD on a 650w PS. I don't know the first thing about overclocking this mobo or CPU, so please help me out, spelling things out for me like I don't know what FSB or Vcore is. Thanks in advance,
-Tchamber
PS Tried asking for help on tomshardware and they couldn't help...or decided not to.

:welcome: to OCF!

Well, I've never had an A8N (I prefer the A8N32) but I've OC'ed a few s939's including my own FX-60. First off, there is no "FSB" on a socket 939 system so there's no need to worry about what it means. Some fossils out there will refer to the clock (system clock, reference clock) as the FSB but that's a misnomer. I'd like to shoot the BIOS developers that still use that term - they of all people should know better! :mad:

vCore is the CPU core voltage. Almost any abbreviation that starts with "v" is a voltage. vDIMM is the RAM voltage, for example.

OC'ing with four sticks of RAM will hold back your RAM speeds. OC'ing RAM with four unmatched sticks like yours is nearly impossible. I suggest you pick the best pair of RAM sticks you have and just use those. Chances are the increased performance from the OC will offset the total amount of RAM.

You'll need to learn your BIOS. Dig out your motherboard manual and find the BIOS section - you'll need it. If you don't have a manual you should be able to download a *.pdf version at ASUS: http://usa.asus.com/index.aspx

For now the best thing you can do is browse through the thread below, get used to your BIOS settings and where they are, and experiment with the step-by-step outlined in that thread. It's the way I learned to OC, along with help from the good folks here at OCF, and it's the best way I've found to learn. Once you've gone through and tried a few things it's natural that you'll have questions so post back. No one figures it out for themselves the first time! :) Hopefully you'll have a few results from your first experiments and we can move on to your specific system.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Good luck - hope to hear from you soon ... :)

Back