• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

accelero xtreme 5870 fitting troubles...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackthebox

bought accelero xtreme 5870 for my Gigabyte 5870 that had original fan failure....

well the 4 pin (red,black,yellow,blue) cable coming from the accelero xtreme is too short to plug into Gigabytes plug... and the plug is only 3pin(red,black, yellow)

were can I buy a 4 to 3 pin extension cable only need 4inches... I know about blue wire and don't care about it.

I do not have any power take offs on my power supply I can use for molex kind,...... also my 3pin plug on the card does not just have pins sticking up it has a surround so a 4 inch 4pin extension cable would mean I would have to mod the plug on the card to or on the extension....

hope I am making sense.

So what your saying is the cable coming from the Accelero is too short, I'm surprised that it would be considering it's made for your card. You sure you have the fan on correctly? Can you use the plug and wires off the old fan and splice them onto the new fans wires?

^Well, you have to plug it on the MoBo, so depending on wgere it is located...

But no prob, you can plug it on a 3 pin. And you can' be mistaking as there is a mistake-proofing.

^Well, you have to plug it on the MoBo, so depending on wgere it is located...

But no prob, you can plug it on a 3 pin. And you can' be mistaking as there is a mistake-proofing.

Now I'm really confused manu :) My Accelero III plugs into the gpu itself is the Extreme 5870 Accelero different?

^Mine also was plugged in the GPU, but if it's not a ref design, the wire can be not long enough (I guess;))

Back