• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adata 4200 or 3700 OCZ or ? for P4 3.0C Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the adata ram is probably ideal for overclocking a 2.4 extremely high with fsb > 270.

My adata sticks do not like tight timings at all, but the Komusa adata memory can really handle extremely high FSB way above 250fsb. so for a 2.4 processor that needs really high FSB to hit 3.2+ and cant worry about loose timings, the Adata memory really rocks.

If you got a faster processor then you dont need a really high FSB, you probably should get memory that might not overclock quite as high as Adata, but can handle better timings than the adata can.

mrspec3 said:
Yes the OCZ will do 250+ 2.5-3-3-6 :D

I would have gotten some of the new PC3500 EB (enhanced bandwidth) as some of the guys have been getting 250Mhz 1:1 3-2-2-6 (cas 3 that is)

Steve

wow not bad! 3-2-2-6 timings would own for a64s! they dont really care about the CL rating but the other 2's matter much more! is it true ocz ram doesnt support bank interleave, making it slower than other ram at same fsb and latency?

I made a mistake

I ended up buying the OCZ and it was a mistake. :( I don't think it was a mistake because of crappy ram but because I didn't need it and would of been better off getting something else. My 3.0C just plain sucks and im SOL. The 7 day RMA option is already up on my new egg refurb on the processor and I don't know if there is anything else I can do. I just made a post about it all here if anyone is interested:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290426

Back