• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adata Vitesta PC 4000 really flies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and what about the adata ddr600 they recently launched? 300mhz fsb at only 2.8v?

Hmmm, maybe these late Vitesta stuff from Newegg is using ICs that did not make the cut for DDR600. Not that I would take the spreaders off mine to see if they are just the old 4.3B Hynix, or whatever. If I guess right, my pair of 512 sticks should do 290-292 at 2.8 on the Asus boards.

I dont know if you guys saw but the Adata pc4000 512 sticks went from 121 to 106 over a few hours so go stock up :) lol

WILL the adata vitesta run at DDR533 at cas 2.5 without any problems, and if so what kind of voltages? I plan on buying about 2 gigs worth of these and run in dual channel everything. I will be removing the heat spreaders to install some copper ones so i can let you all know exactly what kind of chips they are. Please respond, I will be buying them very soon.

That's correct. I've run as high as DDR450 at 2-3-3-6, but it may need 2.9-3.0 volts. In regards to this OCZ PC3700 Rev. 2.0 stuff that did 2.5-3-3-x, the ADATA stuff will do that too up to maybe DDR460-470, but again, need more volts, and depends on the board.

Clevor said:
That's correct. I've run as high as DDR450 at 2-3-3-6, but it may need 2.9-3.0 volts. In regards to this OCZ PC3700 Rev. 2.0 stuff that did 2.5-3-3-x, the ADATA stuff will do that too up to maybe DDR460-470, but again, need more volts, and depends on the board.

so it looks like it can NOT get to ddr533 with cas 2.5? does not seem too impresive at high speeds, only low speeds. The following models look much better at high speeds, am i wrong? and just as cheap too!

http://buyaib.com/1gb5x2mekitp.html

WILL the adata vitesta run at DDR533 at cas 2.5 without any problems, and if so what kind of voltages?

DDR533 is 266, 1:1, and the ADATA stuff should run 2.5-4-4-6/7 with ease on most boards, except the Abit. Again, check 3D stability as I have run 2.5-4-4-7 up over 280 fsb Memtest clean and for Sandra benches, but it wasn't 3D stable.

Clevor said:

DDR533 is 266, 1:1, and the ADATA stuff should run 2.5-4-4-6/7 with ease on most boards, except the Abit. Again, check 3D stability as I have run 2.5-4-4-7 up over 280 fsb Memtest clean and for Sandra benches, but it wasn't 3D stable.

The board I will be running is p4c-d so, that probably won't be a bottle neck i hope

My 2nd stick of Vitesta arrived yesterday. I tried it out last night, but it's nowhere near as good as the 1st one. It will go to 270 alone, but I can only get 265 with both sticks in dual channel.
I know my AI7 is a bit picky about ram. Now comes the hard decision. Exchange it and hope to get another super fast one (and be prepared to repeat the process), or just return both for some OCZ 4200.

Gary

send them to me out of pure generosity! :) jk i just ordered 2x512ers ill let you know how they do when they get here monday. Hoping my 2.6c dosnt crap out earlier then the ram since i never got to see how far it goes.

the adata is very low priced and almost always will get u 260-275.
however, it seems with the vitesta,- getting a nice kloker in the neighborhood of 285-295 is pretty much the luck of the draw. thats why alot of the guys go with komusa's pc4200 its a little more expensive but since they pretest it(or adata builds 266 sticks for them), just about everyone is getting from the mid 280's to the low 290's. now if anyone has read my simpletech thread, it appers that their nitro-4000 is adata also. but i think they probably are the newer d5 chips. seems like adata is custom making memory for different customers specs. i got an email back from randy lo at komusa, and he said they are going to be offering hyperram with the brand new 3.5ns hynix chips!! i wouldnt be surprised if adata is building them for komusa also.

GTX_SlotCar said:
My 2nd stick of Vitesta arrived yesterday. I tried it out last night, but it's nowhere near as good as the 1st one. It will go to 270 alone, but I can only get 265 with both sticks in dual channel.
I know my AI7 is a bit picky about ram. Now comes the hard decision. Exchange it and hope to get another super fast one (and be prepared to repeat the process), or just return both for some OCZ 4200.

Gary

What about the timings????

flapperhead said:
the adata is very low priced and almost always will get u 260-275.
however, it seems with the vitesta,- getting a nice kloker in the neighborhood of 285-295 is pretty much the luck of the draw. thats why alot of the guys go with komusa's pc4200 its a little more expensive but since they pretest it(or adata builds 266 sticks for them), just about everyone is getting from the mid 280's to the low 290's. now if anyone has read my simpletech thread, it appers that their nitro-4000 is adata also. but i think they probably are the newer d5 chips. seems like adata is custom making memory for different customers specs. i got an email back from randy lo at komusa, and he said they are going to be offering hyperram with the brand new 3.5ns hynix chips!! i wouldnt be surprised if adata is building them for komusa also.

this is all with cas 2.5, i assume? thanks

.....with komusa's pc4200 ........just about everyone is getting from the mid 280's to the low 290's.....

Everyone but me :( I only got about 263 with mine, each stick alone or both together. I'm a little ahead of the game with the Vitesta. With any of the Adata chips, I'm having a hard time getting GAT enabled, but that's probably got to do with the relaxed timing and/or the AI7.

I've also been considering the OCZ 3700EB at Ajump for $187 (2x256). If it could do 270 with 5:4 (216 mHz) at x-2-2-x, I'd probaby be way ahead in frame rates.

Gary

GTX_SlotCar said:

Everyone but me :( I only got about 263 with mine, each stick alone or both together. I'm a little ahead of the game with the Vitesta. With any of the Adata chips, I'm having a hard time getting GAT enabled, but that's probably got to do with the relaxed timing and/or the AI7.

I've also been considering the OCZ 3700EB at Ajump for $187 (2x256). If it could do 270 with 5:4 (216 mHz) at x-2-2-x, I'd probaby be way ahead in frame rates.

Gary

if you run tight timings with gat on the pc4200 it plays havoc. i have found the best settings for hi 1-1 on my ic7 is:
1 auto
2 normal or 10
3 auto
4disabled
5 disabled

Dont Buy These Adata's!

You know, these sticks are still looking good:

http://buyaib.com/1gb5x2mekitp.html

It will run at pc4200 speeds with cas 2.5, guarenteed or your money back and they will pay the return shipping. The chip brand is Micron. If you plan on running at ddr533 at cas 2.5, like me, then i would go with these sticks, if they dont work at that speed, then return them! Adata vitesta is a luck of the draw and kosuma sticks are maaad expensive! at that price just go with ocz, costs exactly the same almost!

the fact is almost all the sticks that use the newer bt-d43 will run 2.5-4-4-7. i just got finished testing some kingston pc3200 2x256(that i sold for 60.00) to one of the members here and it tested at that casto 260. also the ocz elpc4200 is still about 90.00 a gig higher. lastly i urge caution when buying from aib they have a horrible resellers rating

What I'm not sure about the AIB sticks is that they are 32x8 DRAM Type. Which i beleive means they are one-sided, i THINK, and i hear that one sided ram does not perform as good as two sided ram. Can anyone confirm? I do not need to run above 266 so i may go with the vitesta adata sticks soon. At this price, i can afford 4 x 512's, if i sell the ram thats already in my pc. im also looking for cas 2.5. So i hope this all works out!

Back