• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adata Vitesta PC 4000 really flies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
flapperhead said:
if you run tight timings with gat on the pc4200 ....

I'm talking about 3-4-4-8 at 270 FSB, 1:1 or 5:4. Unless I drop the FSB way down, it won't boot with GAT. I've tried all the settings. My Geil PC3500 runs fine with GAT even when tightened beyond SPD.
I think the problem is partly because of the AI7 and partly that the Adata needs the relaxed timings to get the OC.

Gary

danman81 said:
What I'm not sure about the AIB sticks is that they are 32x8 DRAM Type. Which i beleive means they are one-sided, i THINK, and i hear that one sided ram does not perform as good as two sided ram. Can anyone confirm? I do not need to run above 266 so i may go with the vitesta adata sticks soon. At this price, i can afford 4 x 512's, if i sell the ram thats already in my pc. im also looking for cas 2.5. So i hope this all works out!

are these SDRAM chips and double sided? Does anything about these AIB sticks look suspicious? i may buy them very soon

I doubt they're double sided (2 physical banks) in the 256mb sticks. They probably are in the 512 sticks, though. If you run 4 sticks, it won't make any difference.

Your Asus is an 875 board, so tCL 2.5 or 3 won't make any noticable difference.

Gary

i just called AIB, and they said that it was not compatible becuase i am looking for 64x8 density, not 32x8 density? anyone confirm this? and are the adata's 64x8?

GTX_SlotCar said:
64 x 8 = 512mb
32 x 8 = 256mb

;)

Gary

I beleive these are for the densities of the chip, how for the whole stick, im not quite sure on this. can someone please help me?

danman81 said:
I beleive these are for the densities of the chip,

8 chips on each stick. Double density chips give you 512mb. I think that's what we're talking about, unless I missed something.

Gary

danman81 said:
i just ordered 4 of the 512's from newegg, ill post how they do

building a pc for a friend soon, i may get 2 of these based on your review

okay i just received this vitesta adata in the mail today and i was running memtest on stock speeds becuase my water setup isn't ready yet to begin oc'ing. my question is, the memory is running VERY hot under memtest. im using an p4c'd mb and to the touch, the heatsinks are quite hot, probably can burn your skin. any ideas?

i guess your case-cooling is not good enough - due to your water-cooling-system. maybe you should improve it? my chips are running quite cool @ 270MHz with an 80mm-fan blowing cool air through the upper 5.25"-slots directly towards the DIMMs-sockets.

Sweet guys, just sold my Corsair CMX-3500C2PT for $300/shipped and ordered 2x ADATA 512MB PC4000 from NewEgg. The Corsair was great for my older AMD setups, but I need more speed :)

I will post how well they do on my AI7/P4-3.0C when I get them early next week.

hey danman, if you have halo, could you compare your benchmark scores using 1g and 2g of ram? or 1.5g if 2 doesnt work

Last edited:
i have a really large problem with this ram. after i received the two gigs, i replaced the aluminum heatsinks with copper ones becuase they were getting quite hot. I did that and replaced them in the motherboard, turned on the power and i heard a wierd sound from my speakers and smoke started comming from the p4c-d south bridge. I rma'd the motherboard and i just recieved it right now in the mail and its now installed so im finally up and running again. i will not put the adata ram again untill i find out what is going on and am running on my old generic ram right now. Any ideas as to what could have gone wrong??

danman81 said:
....i replaced the aluminum heatsinks with copper ones becuase they were getting quite hot.....and smoke started comming from the p4c-d south bridge.....
Did you do them all at once, or did you do one at a time and test each one?
You'll have to test each stick to find out if the problem only exists with one of them. The problem is, you may blow your SB again.
Either way, you'll probably have to take the copper heat spreaders off and examine the chips with a magnifying glass.
I believe, if the heat spreaders are hot, they're working.

Gary

Back