• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adata Vitesta PC 4000 really flies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GTX_SlotCar said:

Did you do them all at once, or did you do one at a time and test each one?
You'll have to test each stick to find out if the problem only exists with one of them. The problem is, you may blow your SB again.
Either way, you'll probably have to take the copper heat spreaders off and examine the chips with a magnifying glass.
I believe, if the heat spreaders are hot, they're working.

Gary

they were getting hot before i removed the heat spreaders and yes, i have examined the one that was not working right w/o the heatspreader and i could not find any sort of scratch or apparent damage, and I know it was the one that did not work because the others all work fine. This is really wierd and im not sure how it blew my south bridge which sucked. im not sure what to do at this point. try and see if it will work on the new motherboard? or should i just go ahead and rma this one? i put on the original heat sink and it looks good from the outside, you think it will fool vitesta? and since i got these from new egg, who should i contact, newegg or vitesta for the rma? i hope it works. thanks for your help in advance

You have 30 days to rma for a replacement through newegg. That's probably the way to go and they make it easy to do.

Have you done any testing with 2 sticks?

Gary

GTX_SlotCar said:
You have 30 days to rma for a replacement through newegg. That's probably the way to go and they make it easy to do.

Have you done any testing with 2 sticks?

Gary

yes gary, testing does work with any combintations of the three sticks that do work, its just the one that dosn't. i should probably rma with newegg then... thanks

btw, do you think they will notice i took off the heat spreaders?

LOL. I meant, have you done any performance testing? There's a couple of us here that would like to know what they can do. Testing with 2 sticks has more meaning than 3 or 4.

I don't know if they'll notice about the heat spreaders. They won't take them apart. It depends on how they look.

Gary

i also have one last question, if i want to run this ram at ddr400 speeds or pc3200, can i just boot normally w/o changing any settings? or will the standard settings on the ram automatically get changed to run at faster settings? thanks

If you reset your bios and start the computer, it should run at DDR400, 1:1. But, it may not optimize your memory settings.

Gary

I'm buying 2x256mb of this pc4000 from NewEgg asap. It's going in my 2500 xp-m/abit nf7-s v2.0, i'll let you know how it goes and what i'm able to do with it. Thanks to all of you for saving me $60 :)

remember there are guys in the classified selling speed binned adata pc4000(pc4200) hyperram for cheap!!! almost all of that stuff is running 285-295 at 2.9v.

ahh i need to wait for my 100 posts before i can buy there, but i think i'll do that instead of newegg, just have to wait a little bit longer :)

okay i blew my old motherboard with that ram and got a replacement, i tried it agian for some reason and the computer says that the overclocking has failed when i didn't even try to overclock at all. any ideas? the motherboard is an asus p4c-d thanks

Just installed my 2 sticks of Adata 512 PC4200 and this stuff rocks. My Barton is holding me back, but I was able to boot into XP at 230 FSB in dual-channel mode. Didn't try any higher............I'll save that for when I upgrade to an Athlon64

I just got a gig of Adata 4200 from Komusa. This stuff is just amazing. On my asus p4c800e-d board I can get 290 in dual channel at 3447. I use 3.0 volts but I could probably do with 2.9. Only reason I stopped upping it is because my processor maxes out and the ram gets really hot without heatspreaders, even though those heatspreaders dont do much.

People who want to buy Adata I would suggest you go to Komusa if you want almost guaranteed ~290 clocks. Newegg is alot cheaper but nothing is guaranteed.

These sticks replaced my bh-5 which I sold. Lets just say I like having 6900mb/s of bandwidth. :D

the komusa adata pc4200 is a excellent value almost all the guys are getting in the hi 280's to the mid 290's. they were supposed to get some new hyperram based on the brand new hynix 3.5ns (ddr550) chips. however, they are having some technical probs. but once they straigten it out id llove to get me a gig of it and test it out. im sure it will run way over 300 mhz..

I'm looking to get the Vitesta sticks but where can i get them in canada?? I don't think newegg ships to canada... The only place i can get adata is komusa then???

but i like the red hot heat spreaders :p

Back