• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added a 250ml Reservoir, water temps are just better.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

250 res added.jpg

The case is a Phantek Enthoo Luxe 2 (don't like the new 719 name)

8700k delid running at 5.2ghz can bench at 5.4ghz no avx. Vega 64, Gigabyte Z390 Master, 64 GB ram, 20+ TB storage.

Water temps used to avg 28c and now they are 25c solid after adding this EKWB 250ml RGB reservoir. I have a 60mm 360 rad up top, a 26mm 360 rad on the side and a 26mm 480 rad in front. All silent wings 3 fans from bequiet. At 5.2ghz a blender benchmark run I'm in the 18+ minute range with max temps of the 8700k at 79c @1.45v.

This system will be upgraded to the TR 3970X in a few days w/ the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme (or Master, depends on what Microcenter has in stock). Will probably use EKWB's newer revised cpu waterblock to cool that thing unless someone has a recommendation for a better block to cool the 3970X.

Interesting. Adding more water shouldn't change temps (at least not at this scale). All it does is delay reaching the saturation point. Typically it takes around 30 mins or so for a loop to saturate...longer with more water and you have a lot mkre of it than most with that beefy rad setup. But dissipation rates do not change.

Either way, it looks great that way!

Last edited:
I wonder if it's because I have the coolest air that is entering my case blowing onto the 250ml res. I still have yet to fully stress it for an hour but I just haven't had the time yet. Idle temp water is what I have noticed being lower.

I wonder if it's because I have the coolest air that is entering my case blowing onto the 250ml res. I still have yet to fully stress it for an hour but I just haven't had the time yet. Idle temp water is what I have noticed being lower.
Well, it is a res, not a radiator, so it not sure how that will work considering it doesnt transfer a lot of heat.

Its likely your ambient was lower or another variable is involved.

Last edited:
Back