• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Advanced DDR3 Timings Mushkin Redline 999000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solder

I've been looking around quite a bit trying to find a reference to the advanced timings for my Mushkin 999000 Redline sticks. I've set the ones listed in BIOS under the
XMP which is faster than the stock listing but I can't find anything about the rest of the settings. For instance, my tRFC was set to 153 under Auto but when I went to set it
manually the highest setting was 120. I ran Memtest86 and it was square so I ran it at 100 with Memtest86 and it's still not having any issues. Does anyone know where I
could find some info on the rest of the timings or something I could use for reference? Actual numbers would be great because Auto doesn't give me a starting point.
Also tRC isn't even listed in my BIOS but it shows in CPUZ as 31 and I read in my searches someone mentioning tRFC should be twice tRC plus a few more which is rather
vague, is this correct or just off the wall?

This is my current configuration. I'll be right back with the timings I've configured from the default list in XMP according to BIOS.
CpuTweaker1.PNG

As I stated above, the tRFC setting when left on Auto is set to 153 but the highest setting available under Manual is 120.
The default XMP setting is 128 shown under XMP support under the Memory Z options located in Cell Menu which is what I used to set the following timings.
tRFC which is now at 100 (down from 120)
tWR 12
tWTR 6
tRRD 5
tRTP 6

The rest is still set to Auto. Being that the Auto setting had the tRFC timing at 153 when the default XMP for that is 128 led me to believe the rest were most
likely not set correctly as well.

Here it is with all sub timings set to Auto and CPUz showing tRFC.
CpuTweaker2.PNG

Last edited:
You can always adjust/tighten the secondary timings yourself and test for stabilty...

If you click the "spd" botton at the bottom of CPU Tweaker it will show you default programmed XMP setting for your kit.

The various motherboard BIOS designers will configure different default "auto" timings for their motherboards.

Here are two auto settings from my EVGA motherboard one is a 3x4GB kit and the other is a 6x2GB both set to 7-8-7-24-1T everything else left on Auto...

Corsair Dom 1600 C7 6x2GB and GSkilll Trident 3x4GB 2000C8:
CPUTweakerCorsairDom1600C7.png

CPUTweakerGSkillTrident2000C8.png

Thanks for posting those. I'll do a bit more research re: each timing and see about tightening the tWR tWTR tRRD tRTP also see if it's worth it. There are a slew of timings
beyond those as well which I've not found any info on as of yet but perhaps they're not worth messing with.

I tried setting the tRAS to 23 and Memtest passed it but I would see a huge stutter in Skyrim going from inside to outside unless it was set to 24. I'm guessing they were
related because it didn't happen that often (not often at all, just a little stutter once in a while) when it was set to the default 24, but I'm not completely sure.

I've read people setting their voltage upwards of 1.7ish. That being the case, will setting my voltage above my current setting of 1.66 hurt anything? My 1.66 has been fine
for about a year now aside from the occasional goof in Skyrim and I'm wondering if 1.67 would hurt it? Also, if tightening my timings would require an increase in voltage?

tRFC @ 100
tWR @ 10
tWTR @ 5
tRRD @ 4
tRTP @ 5

So far so good. Passed Memtest 86 five passses. I really wonder how low these can go, guess I'll find out hehehe

tRFC @ 100
tWR @ 9
tWTR @ 4
tRRD @ 3
tRTP @ 4

Still passing Memtest. Running SuperPI now and all is well. Perhaps I'll try dropping tRFC to 90 next and tWR to 8.

EDIT: Alright, I think I'm going to keep the above settings. I tried pushing tWTR, tRRD, and tRTP to 3-2-3 respectively but no dice. Pretty sure it was the tRRD at 2
that wouldn't do but I'm happy with my RAM now. To boot, learned a bit more about my build configuration process.

Last edited:
Back