• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Affordable Video Card for Adobe Products

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamel

This is in response to this thread (no need to read, but feel free):

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736399&page=2

I am looking for a video card that will perform well with Adobe products, specially Premiere Pro and After Effects. My budget is around $200, but the less the better.

I don't need top of the line, and if performance differences are marginal, I will prefer the cheaper option. If the performance increase is several times more though, I will of course be willing to pay more.

It is my understanding that what impacts the performance for adobe will be the CUDA cores, clock speed, memory bandwidth, and total GPU memory but correct me if I'm wrong.

I would prefer to get something I can do gaming with as well but that is secondary to performance in Adobe Creative Cloud products. One concern I have is that currently you can "hack" (change a text file lol) Adobe Premiere to allow your card if it's not on the "official list", but being that it updates regularly, I don't want to have a card that works great with that workaround then Adobe all of a sudden decide to disable that "feature" later. I'd like to verify if anyone knows if we will always be able to manually add our own cards, or maybe just get an officially supported on.

Edit: Here's Adobe's list of officially supported cards http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Get the fastest card on this list less than $200. :)

That 580 in the classies is likely the best you are going to do. As far as performance differences. From what to what? No GPU acceleration to GPU acceleration?

CUDA has been around longer than OpenCL in Adobe products. AFAIK there are still some things that are CUDA only.

Back