• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

after install new ram system dont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You will have to manuelly set the ram speed and timing, your Ram is most likely not well recognized by the bios and the Ram timing/speed may not be correct.

OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold
667MHz DDR2
4-4-4-12(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500
1066MHzDDR2
5-5-5-15(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

You need to use these settings for your ram.

OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold
667MHz DDR2
1.9 ram voltage

You will need to manually set the slower RAM settings in BIOS for all 4 pieces to work.
Also, slower memory should be in slots 1 & 3, faster memory in slots 2 & 4.

i put 667mhz ram speed and 4-4-4-12 timings and i put in 1-3 slot the slow ram and in 2-4 slot the faster ram and pc stuck on boot when check rams. i have to say that the rams work alone but not when is 4

OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold
667MHz DDR2
1.9 ram voltage

You will need to manually set the slower RAM settings in BIOS for all 4 pieces to work.
Also, slower memory should be in slots 1 & 3, faster memory in slots 2 & 4.

+1, forgot to mention

the voltage must be the same? one memory needs 1.9v and the other 2.1v but when i put +0.2v on bios they become 2.1v and 2.3v not the same again :mad:

If you can set volts per bank, set them to what they need, but speed/timing cant be set per bank so you need to use the slowest one.

i did it i put speed/timings of the slowest one but system stuck at boot screen when check rams...

This is why all ram in a system should be matched, never use mismatched ram.

If you get it to boot your problems may not be over. Expect poor performance.

yes i agree. cpu fsb and memory speed (ram) must be the same frequency? i have intel core 2 duo e8400 at 3.00 ghz

i did it i put speed/timings of the slowest one but system stuck at boot screen when check rams...

Each dim work alone ? memtest each dim, then 2 by 2, then if it all go OK, retry all 4 with higher volts and slowest spec.

If you can set volts per bank, set them to what they need, but speed/timing cant be set per bank so you need to use the slowest one.
Do any motherboards allow that? I haven't looked at many, but I've never seen one with multiple voltage regulators for the memory.

All the MB i had in the past years had the possibility to adjust bank A and B at different Vram. Sometimes its just an offset for A or B.

My last boards : Asus P6TD Deluxe, Rampage III Formula, Maximus IV Extreme, Rampage IV Extreme, Z77-m Pro, EVGA x79 FTW.

Back