• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

after recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sizler

hi,

ok it looks like I just fried my sabertooth 990fx rev 2 with a cpu water leak so now looking for a new mobo about the same price range (£130 ish) - it still looks like the sabertooth is the best board at this price - as for overclocking - cpu and gpu both get overclocked - as for cooling, I like the auto fan control that's on the sabertooth.

So im just after other thoughts on what board at this price range.

AMD 8350
DDR3
NVIDIA 660 TI
its 'typically' a water cooled system with cpu and gpu block - no mobo or mem water blocks.
really not arsed about sound as I use hdmi (although im not sure if this actually uses the mobo;s audio chip?)

if anyone is wondering why I think its the mobo that's fried - no display, cpu led lit from start, no post beeps, tried my old x3 cpu and had same effect.

Just after ideas on any board of this price range. cooling is a must, system is 24/7 up :)

cheers

Last edited:
Other than not being water-proof it seems the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 fit your requirements spot-on. Since on the whole we recommend that motherboard 90% of the time...I see no reason to go and try to REinvent the wheel.

I would not sucker anyone into tryiing any Giga AM3+ mobos since they have been purely yo-yo's for customer friendliness and overclockability.

The Asrock 990FX EXT 9 seems a capable board, but then you are on another journey with REinventing the wheel and have to learn the quirks of another brand. Unless the EXT9 were $30.00Usd LESS than the Sabertooth R2.0, there is no way I would go that route just for $15.00 Usd less.
RGone...ster.

thanks guys, just found a sabertooth with a damaged box for £90 so going to see if I can get it ordered today, otherwise ill just order it as normal.

Hopefully this time I wont crack my acrylics and try to make it swim.

cheers

thanks guys, just found a sabertooth with a damaged box for £90 so going to see if I can get it ordered today, otherwise ill just order it as normal.

Hopefully this time I wont crack my acrylics and try to make it swim.

cheers

Good luck, just make sure it's a Rev 2.0 and not a Gen3. Maybe pick up a pair of water wings too just in case. :rofl:

Back