• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aftermarket coolers for the 8800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont have access to the classifieds,

hmmm maybe ill try PM

I was thinking 2 packs of Thermaltake CL-C0025 and cut the ones to go on the vrem chips,
or go wiht the swiftech mc8800, is the price worth it for this set?

iv recently put an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 on my mates 8800gt, fitted like a dream, although i did have to put an extra 3 ramsinks on the end of the card to cool the vrms (as the accelero doesnt have ones to fit atm)....
running completely passive, with only his case fans to provide airflow, his load temps were about 65-70*c max....and that was 100% ZERO noise, no active cooling at all.

hmm i'd like to try one of these aftermarket coolers. i think i'll just try some of my mx-2 first

i dont have access to the classifieds,

hmmm maybe ill try PM

I was thinking 2 packs of Thermaltake CL-C0025 and cut the ones to go on the vrem chips,
or go wiht the swiftech mc8800, is the price worth it for this set?

Noooo..WLUk charge $1.00 per sink and $1.50 for shipping, the sinks as i said is really high quality, also you get to choose the colors :)

Not sure, hadn't thought about it really since I'm running a P35 board, hence no SLI for me.

I did read that a rigid SLI bridge won't work but a flexible bridge will.

HR03-GT now available!

It looks like Mustanley beat me to it, but I posted this thread in the cooling section.

The HR03-GT is now available. I just ordered mine along w/ a Panaflo 57CFM 92mm fan, and some other goodies to help keep my GPU cold.

I was tempted by those 6 heat pipes but for less than half the price I had to try the budget option first. The accelero S1 perfomed admirably on the 7900 series which should be similar in regards to the heat generated by the 8800gt.

I have been going back & forth b/n budget and performance as well. I've been eying that S1 too. I'm going to volt mod this thing, though, so I'm looking for close to H20 results. I think I'll get it w/ this cooler/fan, and the PCI slot cooler I ordered. I've read a few board components get pretty hot when you vmod, so I'm going to be blowing air on the card from both directions! HR03GT top-mounted w/ fan blowing down over the back side of the card, and below the gfx card a PCI slot cooler w/ 2 80mm fans blowing over the RAM/vreg sinks. It should eliminate any possible dead spots in that area.

Hoping to get 850/2000/1000 and get well over 15k in 06!

Do any of those small chips on the backside of the card get hot? My plan is to use two fans on the S1, probably 2x92mm ones since I doubt 2x120 will fit. Should keep that side of the card very cool, including the ram and Vregs, but I won't have anything on the backside.

I might Vmod mine after I see how yours turns out. I know right now that this card is somewhat limited by heat, cause I can definietly clock it higher with the fan at 100% compared to running it at 65% on the stock cooler.

Just ordered my Thermalright cooler. Should get it mid next week so time to wait and wait.

I have the first HR03 and I use it on my x1800xt. On their FAQ for the card, they do say there is an adapter in the works to make the HR03 fit the 8800Gt. I put in an email to their support line, I will let you guys know if I hear anything. I would love to put this cooler on my card and not buy a new one, it was a bit pricey! Luckily I still have my stock coolder for my ATi card.

Back