• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aftermarket GPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again...If the Accelero Xtreme Plus II fits a GTX 480, it'll fit a GTX 560 TI 448 Core. They both are the same size. Go with it. You won't regret it. I have my card OC with a vcore of 1.138v and a core speed of 900mhz and my GFX card does not go above 60 while playing BF3 at maximum settings.

It doesn't matter if the cards are the same length, it matters if the heatsink screw holes line up.

I now officially regret buying a limited edition card. Nobody knows anything about it and no one makes anything for it. :-/

I have googled multiple keywords and nothing comes up. Not too many people have 448's and even less buy AM coolers and post online about it! :D

And yes, I have read that forum but it did not say anything about fitting a cooler.

Did you read post #2417 where it states
I am currently at 800MHz at 1025mV. The temps are hovering at 72C during gaming sessions.
I asked Arctic about their coolers for the Galaxy GTX 560 Ti 448.
'I am interested in the Accelero Xtreme Plus ii for my Galaxy GTX 560 Ti 448 core and wanted to know about the fitment. Do I need to purchase any extra brackets for my model? I know the GTX 560 Ti Hawk model does require a separately sold bracket. I am wondering if the Galaxy model does as well. Thank you.'

Their reply:
'Thank you for your request.
The Accelero Xtreme Plus II doesn’t fit on your graphics card. The Accelero Twin Turbo II and the Accelero Xtreme III are compatible. You do not need to buy any additional heatsinks.'

My question was about a bracket and not heatsinks but anyway I thought I'd share the info just in case anyone was interested.

An alternative is to do "The Mod"
http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod

I haven't done this personally (thinking about it in future for an egpu project), however it looks to work very well. I believe there are several AIO water coolers out there for CPUs that this could be adapted to, for under $100. However, if silence is a sought after quality this may or may not work depending on how hot your video card's VRMs get, since the stock cooler is still used to cool them. On the plus side, this can be used on many custom pcb gpus, and generally doesn't require any warranty voiding changes to the shroud or cooler. Just some food for thought in case the accellero doesn't work.

Back