• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI suite warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heh, you can take screenshots while it's loading. :)

Looks like you have slight drops all around, but 5V & 12V are in spec. How old is the PSU?

ajay, the HX1000W is a Corsair beast from a couple of years ago.

I still think a multimeter check would be best to make sure the software is giving you a correct reading.

Heh, you can take screenshots while it's loading. :)

Looks like you have slight drops all around, but 5V & 12V are in spec. How old is the PSU?

ajay, the HX1000W is a Corsair beast from a couple of years ago.

7 ~ months ... Why?

LOL, I still have no idea what the "V" is...but if you DL it, its software. My point in this is that software readings are usually off when compared to taking a reading from a multimeter. If you are at bios defaults (not overclocked), and not having issues, I wouldnt worry about that value and just disable the notification.

Still have no idea what this "V" is.

Multimeter: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

Check the orange wires in your 24-pin ATX connector (any black is ground). Those are the 3.3V wires. See if you get closer to 3.3V as measured with a multimeter.

EDIT - To answer your question of why, if a PSU is a few years old and components start to degrade, voltage can start to fall (or rise) out of spec. I was trying to get an idea of the age of the unit to see if this is semi-expected behavior or not. At less than a year old, voltages should be the same as when you took it out of the box.

LOL, I still have no idea what the "V" is...but if you DL it, its software. My point in this is that software readings are usually off when compared to taking a reading from a multimeter. If you are at bios defaults (not overclocked), and not having issues, I wouldnt worry about that value and just disable the notification.
:facepalm:
I did not OC...

Still have no idea what this "V" is.

Multimeter: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

Check the orange wires in your 24-pin ATX connector (any black is ground). Those are the 3.3V wires. See if you get closer to 3.3V as measured with a multimeter.

EDIT - To answer your question of why, if a PSU is a few years old and components start to degrade, voltage can start to fall (or rise) out of spec. I was trying to get an idea of the age of the unit to see if this is semi-expected behavior or not. At less than a year old, voltages should be the same as when you took it out of the box.
They do ship internationally?

That was just an example link. Any electronics store should have them. Do you have Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears or any local equivalent store? They should be rather prolific. It's definitely not worth shipping a four dollar multimeter internationally even if hey do ship.

That was just an example link. Any electronics store should have them. Do you have Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears or any local equivalent store? They should be rather prolific. It's definitely not worth shipping a four dollar multimeter internationally even if hey do ship.

Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowe's
I have no idea who these stores
I do not live in U.S.

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I SEE NOW! I think the "V" he is talking about is actually a 'CHECK MARK' to enable/disable the alerts?

Is that right? :shrug:

Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowe's
I have no idea who these stores
I do not live in U.S.
Do you have any HARDWARE STORES in your planet?

You shuld have a store that carries multimeters/voltmeters near you somewhere.
An electronics supply store, a tool store, most hardware stores.
Here in the US anyway.
There'll be multimeters over there somewhere, just have to find one :D

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I SEE NOW! I think the "V" he is talking about is actually a 'CHECK MARK' to enable/disable the alerts?

Is that right? :shrug:

Do you have any HARDWARE STORES in your planet?
My planet? Mars is not such stores (according to what I remember)
Help us out here. I do understand you don't live in the US...where DO you live?
IL

You have ACE hardware, at least in Tel Aviv. They should have several multimeters to choose from.

My planet? Mars is not such stores (according to what I remember)

IL
LOL, sorry about that, Fruedian slip perhaps? :p

Being serious, I was reading an article about a new planet that was found and instead of typing country, planet came out....... :rofl:

The point is, like Bobnova said, is for you to find a multimeter/voltmeter where you are from... whatever store may have it. Figure out what it is by the link hokie provided, then find something similar local to you and buy one.

Back