• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 maximum fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sure that he is using a Corsair Hydrocool at the momemt and a EE. Can't be sure what using in these posts.

Got to say that I have 2 sets of CH-5 and with the AI7's are not that good for 5:4 or 3:2 use. Using 1:1 is ok with max voltage. Though overall expect some possible artifacts appearing.

Is it really a must to cool the northbridge?

yes sometimes the better the cooling on the NB can = better stablity too even with same voltage to the cpu if it was unstable before in somecases. Thats from reading around....

Agreed with the reading part, most knowledge is from reading.
I only got what I have to work with, thought I can say I am becoming a master of what I have.
Now that I got this 2.4c, its time to ramp it up as far as it will go. and thats not far with the current CH-5.

I can't go over 270fsb
2.4c
OCZ pc3500
I used 3/2 divider which should put rams in 183~ range
but no boot
I dont think it's CPU, runs rock solid at 3.24(270fsb) but wont boot at 275
better NB cooler? running stock right now...

ImportPsycho said:
I can't go over 270fsb
2.4c
OCZ pc3500
I used 3/2 divider which should put rams in 183~ range
but no boot
I dont think it's CPU, runs rock solid at 3.24(270fsb) but wont boot at 275
better NB cooler? running stock right now...

I see your problem, your OCZ is the newer Winbond CH-5 based modules, am I right?.
The bottom line is the AI7 does not so well when you go past 250 with CH-5 using either the 5:4 or the 3:2 divider. Yet does nicely when below 250 with 1:1 (but the graphical artifacts are not to nice)

Yeah, It will NOT boot at 275 no matter what CH-5 tryed in the AI7, no matter what slot, set, or timing.
Around 270 it often will not boot, Around 265 it boots 95% of the time.
Good news is you can get alittle more out of by using Uguru in windows. :) Just make sure you move the fsb back before you exit, otherwise you won't be able to boot again

I also found out the AI7 really sucks when trying to load up all 4 dimms with just BH-5(every setting sucked bad). Yet does well when just 2 dimms are used(massive overclocking potential)

The AI7 does well with all CH-5 when all 4 dimms are used(overclocks great but artifacts at lower fsb). Overclocks almost as well like when using 2 dimms.

The AI7 does great when BH-5 and CH-5 combo are used when all 4 dimms are used, good stability, also was able to obtain lower stable latency of the CH-5(magic :) ). Just check my sig and you will see why im mixing. (massive reduction in graphical artifacts, as a bonus extra)

Last edited:
microfire said:
I see your problem, your OCZ is the newer Winbond CH-5 based modules, am I right?.
The bottom line is the AI7 does not so well when you go past 250 with CH-5 using either the 5:4 or the 3:2 divider. Yet does nicely when below 250 with 1:1 (but the graphical artifacts are not to nice)

Yeah, It will NOT boot at 275 no matter what CH-5 tryed in the AI7, no matter what slot, set, or timing.
Around 270 it often will not boot, Around 265 it boots 95% of the time.
Good news is you can get alittle more out of by using Uguru in windows. :) Just make sure you move the fsb back before you exit, otherwise you won't be able to boot again

I also found out the AI7 really sucks when trying to load up all 4 dimms with just BH-5(every setting sucked bad). Yet does well when just 2 dimms are used(massive overclocking potential)

The AI7 does well with all CH-5 when all 4 dimms are used(overclocks great but artifacts at lower fsb). Overclocks almost as well like when using 2 dimms.

The AI7 does great when BH-5 and CH-5 combo are used when all 4 dimms are used, good stability, also was able to obtain lower stable latency of the CH-5(magic :) ). Just check my sig and you will see why im mixing. (massive reduction in graphical artifacts, as a bonus extra)

since BH-5 are like diamonds, hard to find and expensive...
I should get 4 x 256mb CH-5 sticks...
what about 1 bh5 and 1 ch5?
can you get dual channel from mixing different chips/makers ?

Back