• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIO rad position makes a difference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Today I installed a Corsair H55 Quiet liquid AIO cooler in my mini itx cube puter.

Initially I placed the radiator such that the end where the inlet and outlet hoses are in the "up" position. It was the easiest way to do it insofar as tight quarters dictated. Then I got to thinking. In that position any empty air space in the system would windup at the top of the radiator where the outlet hose is and might have a negative effect on coolant circulation. So, I checked the instruction manual and indeed, Corsair recommends put the hoses end at the bottom. It was the only thing in the instruction manual I could actually comprehend. So I opened her up and swapped the radiator end of end. Guess what, drop OCCT stress temps from 69c to 65c.

I was wondering that too but was afraid to ask.

I know the answer to this one because its been said to me in many forms over the years:

Read the funnest manual... Er.. Maybe

I was wondering that too but was afraid to ask.
and google apparently.... the lot of ya!!! :rofl:

A question never asked is a question never answered.

:)
a question never googled is one you'll have to wait for an answer...

Look at my long time sig quote... it's a societal problem, dependency on others without any due diligence first. :)

Read The F(reaking) Manual. :)

Assumed this was common knowledge... also keeps air out of the loop since the bubbles float to the top. Logic my friends. :)

Last edited:
Back