• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AiO Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermaltake

Registered
Hi I was planning to install AiO water cooling system in my PC, and one paticulare brand got my eye it was SilentiumPC Navis 240. So I was searching on google for reviews and all that but I need some feedback from actual users or someone who test it, and ask if it's any good, and is there maybe some better cooling solution that you suggest for the same price as Navis 240. I was considering Fractal Design Celsius S24 too and be quiet silent loop 240mm.

Thanks!

Ok, why do you suggest H100 ?

I heard that they have a lot of RMAs on that H100 AiO.

And those fittings looks so cheap to me...

Been using it since july and have had no problems, upgraded from the H100i v2/GTX.
They even have the platinum version if you want all the extra rgb bling but it will cost you a bit more.

What about fractal S24 and Navis 240 anyone knows anything about them comparing them to H100 ?

I saw that review, h100 shows good results no doubt. But I'm still questioning this Crosair h100, because a lot of people told me they had to RMA it after few months it was some kind of problem with pump or something, not sure.

I saw that review, h100 shows good results no doubt. But I'm still questioning this Crosair h100, because a lot of people told me they had to RMA it after few months it was some kind of problem with pump or something, not sure.

I had a first gen h100 that I ran for 5 years. It had a hard life living over my x5690. Now my brother uses is on his 7700k.

Which one are you referring to because there are several H100 aio's
H100
H100i
H100i GTX
H100i v2 (rebrand of the GTX model)
H100i Pro
H100i Platinum
H100i Platinum SE

My h100i lasted about 5 years of cooling an OC'd FX, moving several times, then sit sat in storage for a while (not air conditioned, in Phoenix, AZ) where 120F in the storage unit daily was fairly common.

I'm using the Corsair H115i Extreme and absolutely love it. It's keeping my delided 8700k nice and cool at 5.2GHz and it's very quiet on my day to day settings.

Enermax seems to do really well in reviews as far as cooling (And I want their white 360 setup. LOL), but reviews typically don't cover long term reliability due to their nature. They get new stuff and beat on it for a day, then off to the next shiny thing. :D

Which one are you referring to because there are several H100 aio's
H100
H100i
H100i GTX
H100i v2 (rebrand of the GTX model)
H100i Pro
H100i Platinum
H100i Platinum SE

Don't now really I just heard h100, don't know which version exactly.

Few questions:

1. What is flow rate in that corsair h100 AiO and difference between pumps in corsair, fractal, silentiumPC Navis, nzxt ?

2. What is difference between H100i V2 Extreme, H100i Pro RGB, H100i Extreme. Is it only RGB and different fans ?

Looking at those thin fittings on this corsair made me doubt.... I mean look at this Fractal fittings how thick and robust they look.

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/water-cooling/celsius-s24

I dont really care about RGB, or that corsair link and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Most AIO pumps are either Asetek or under the Asetek patent. Their patent seems to cover everything but the water, but that debate is old and separate from this. There are a few that use their own design (Alphacool Eisbaer is one) The weak point of AIOs in general is flow rate, due to pump limitations. The standard D5 type pump plus waterblock would have been too heavy, bulky, and expensive. To be marketed as an alternative to air coolers they couldn't be priced at $200+. AIOs weren't introduced with the intention of being the last word in cooling. They were introduced because all the cool kids had custom liquid cooling, so it was thought they could sell maintenance free, easy to install, closed loop coolers by the truckload. They were right. It's really only been a fairly recent occurrence that high level cooling performance has started to be "a thing".

The reviews of the various AIO solutions (and there are a lot of them) generally come to the same conclusion, with few exceptions: They match high end air coolers, some slightly better. To beat the best air coolers you'll have to spend more, a lot more in the case of the really good ones. I'm happy with mine, it handles the highest temps my CPU puts out (mostly), but a small custom loop would likely knock 10-20 degrees Celsius off my peak temps stress testing. The Alphacool Eisbaer I mentioned seems to do a good job, and it's expandable. That might be worth checking out, too.

Most AIO pumps are either Asetek or under the Asetek patent. Their patent seems to cover everything but the water, but that debate is old and separate from this. There are a few that use their own design (Alphacool Eisbaer is one) The weak point of AIOs in general is flow rate, due to pump limitations. The standard D5 type pump plus waterblock would have been too heavy, bulky, and expensive. To be marketed as an alternative to air coolers they couldn't be priced at $200+. AIOs weren't introduced with the intention of being the last word in cooling. They were introduced because all the cool kids had custom liquid cooling, so it was thought they could sell maintenance free, easy to install, closed loop coolers by the truckload. They were right. It's really only been a fairly recent occurrence that high level cooling performance has started to be "a thing".

The reviews of the various AIO solutions (and there are a lot of them) generally come to the same conclusion, with few exceptions: They match high end air coolers, some slightly better. To beat the best air coolers you'll have to spend more, a lot more in the case of the really good ones. I'm happy with mine, it handles the highest temps my CPU puts out (mostly), but a small custom loop would likely knock 10-20 degrees Celsius off my peak temps stress testing. The Alphacool Eisbaer I mentioned seems to do a good job, and it's expandable. That might be worth checking out, too.

Thank you for good explanation.

I was checking Alphacool Eisbaer but on one other forum users said that they had some trouble with Eisbaer 240 that I was checking, they told me that they had some pump trouble... Plus Alphacool Eisbaer got only 3 year warranty, Fractal has 5. I found articles that Alphacool is making Fractal Celsius.

P.S
I have Windale 6 with Corsair ML 120 on it, it cools very nice. But I want to get rid of that one extra fan in case, and put 240mm radiator on the top to remove those Noiseblockers and put new ML120 on that pump :D that is 1 dust sucker less hehe

Last edited:
I am absolutely on board with less dust. Where I live I have to take my computer apart every 6 months or so and completely clean everything. Unless (when) we get a dust storm. Then the whole house has to be done. This is a microburst dust storm over where I live.

dust-storm-microbust-jerry-ferguson-arizona-2.jpg

I am absolutely on board with less dust. Where I live I have to take my computer apart every 6 months or so and completely clean everything. Unless (when) we get a dust storm. Then the whole house has to be done. This is a microburst dust storm over where I live.

View attachment 203810

Damn, I had to do it here also every 6 months, but we don't have dust storm here :D

Now my setup is 140mm in front, 120mm back, one 120mm on cpu, and two 140mm on the top. I was planinng to get rid of that one 120mm with water cooling and remove those two 140mm on the top and put radiator there. I think that would be nice idea, but I am still not certain about what AiO to get.

Eisbaer is a good AiO I don't need extension just cooling for CPU, but only that 3 year warranty is bugging me.

Last edited:
Back