• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AiO Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I saw that too, but this is Eisbaer, and I'm aiming for Eisbaer LT, and warranty only 2 years, thats very very short time for expensive AiO like that.
Arent most 3 years? I wouldn't call it very very short when most others are offering 1 year longer.

I have used a few AIO's have an Eisbaer 420 in my daily, I would say it's mediocre for performance but very quiet. Had a Thermaltake extreme 240 that was pretty good, still have it but not using it. I also have an Enermax 360 TR4 II which is a replacement from warranty. Their first batch had problems with corrosion but this one seems to be solid and works very well cooling a 16 core Threadripper. My favorite but they're pricey is the EK Predator XLC 360 works great on an open bench and the performance is probably the best I have ever had from an AIO, the problem was it wouldn't fit my case. The orientation of the cooler will only allow installation under the fram with the fans under the rad and it interfered with my mobo.

Arent most 3 years? I wouldn't call it very very short when most others are offering 1 year longer.

Corsair's warranty is 5 years. Sadly, moving so much manufacturing to China has had a definite effect on warranty length for products. They build junk, for the most part. Add to that the growing number of idiots and whiners who misuse and break products and then scream to the internet about "bad customer service" that is often just their own stupidity and ineptness combined with the communication skills of a hedgehog. I am still astounded by the outrageous illiteracy level online. How do these people get out of school with a diploma???

I have the Fractal Celsius s36 installed on my i7-8700k benching computer. If I could have done it again I would have gotten a Corsair H150 or the Alphacool Eisbaer 360. I'll probably pick up the Alphacool Eisbaer 360 next month, the Fractual will only let me hit 5.2GHz on my de-lided i7-8700k. I can do 5.3GHz if the window is open and it's 35f or below outside:rofl: I replaced a old H100i V2 with the Fractal AIO because it could only do 5.2GHz - lol.

So Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 is ok ? A lot of them told me no not that one a lot of RMAs at the beginning bla bla... but they don't know now how they are, plus support is not ok. People suggest me Be Quiet Silentloop 240, but I don't know only 3 year warranty. I think Alphacool is making them, similar build as Eisbaer.

There is so little difference among the vast majority of closed loop coolers that I picked mine because it had red fans. Yes, that really is why. (That, and a 360 radiator).

I honestly love my Corsair H115i extreme and Gamers Nexus has listed it in the past as one of the best for temps. If this one ever dies I'll just get another one to be honest (perhaps the newer model). Cooling an 8700k @1.41v 5.2GHz max temps 74°C in Blender and low 60's while gaming in Battlefield V.

I honestly love my Corsair H115i extreme and Gamers Nexus has listed it in the past as one of the best for temps. If this one ever dies I'll just get another one to be honest (perhaps the newer model). Cooling an 8700k @1.41v 5.2GHz max temps 74°C in Blender and low 60's while gaming in Battlefield V.

Did you delid the 8700k?

before i decided to go with a custom loop, i was looking at AIOs - over on Tom's, i noticed the one that had the fewest posters popping up with issues were the NZXT Krakens - it didn't matter which model, you rarely saw posts complaining - that's not the end all of statistical analysis as we don't know the population of Crosair, et al out there versus Kraken units......but it did catch my attention

I have the Fractal Celsius s36 installed on my i7-8700k benching computer. If I could have done it again I would have gotten a Corsair H150 or the Alphacool Eisbaer 360.

I have the Fractal Celsius s36 as well. The pump is a little noisy and makes a slight rattle which is annoying. In terms of cooling it does a good job with my unlocked Phenom II @ 3.8Ghz. Gets to about 100*F under full load. Soon it will be used to cool an FX4350. We will see how that works out.

1.JPG
2.JPG
6.JPG

before i decided to go with a custom loop, i was looking at AIOs - over on Tom's, i noticed the one that had the fewest posters popping up with issues were the NZXT Krakens - it didn't matter which model, you rarely saw posts complaining - that's not the end all of statistical analysis as we don't know the population of Crosair, et al out there versus Kraken units......but it did catch my attention

Had over 10+ on RMA in my firm Kraken X52 and few others from NZXT, main issue dead pump.

What do you think about EK Predator 240 ?

Back