• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alan Wake Screenshots (56k Proving Grounds :O)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Neural Net said:
LOL, funny how in the lighthouse shot the water is supposedly still water, even though it's the sea. :rolleyes: Yes the game looks good but at least Crysis has waves. BTW, has anyone checked out the latest trailer at gametrailers?

just watched it, looks awesome. for whatever reason, though, i like the alan wake graphics better... they have a more realistic touch to them.

Now I just need to get some hardware capable of properly running these games :) (Already, hopefully, have Vista coming free through that powertogether.com offer)

Man, alot of people seem to be dissatified. I just happy we are still continualy moving forward in game technology. But I do agree on the trees, they definatly need better interior shadowing.

Also this is the very first of DX10, wait until developers can REALY get going with it over the next couple years.

matva said:
just watched it, looks awesome. for whatever reason, though, i like the alan wake graphics better... they have a more realistic touch to them.

Well seems to me they need to adjust the colours and contrast a bit. On my monitor anyway, things looked a little flat in that video. Plus it has a lot of pixelation going on. The Alan Wake screenshots show all the detail, but the video bitrate just can't cut it for the amount of detail in Crysis.

FudgeNuggets said:
Best part is that it looks just as nice or nicer on the 360 too.

Ok, I think its time to put this myth to sleep.

THE XBOX360 DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING NEAR AS GOOD AS A COMP WITH A DECENT GRAPHICS CARD.

THE XBOX360 CANNOT AND DOES NOT LOOK BETTER THAN PLAYING ON A PC.

THE XBOX360 IS JUST A COMPUTER RUNNING ON AN OUTDATED VIDEO CARD.

THE GEFORCE 8800GTS/GTX IS AT LEAST 2X FASTER THAN THE XBOX360 GRAPHIC CARD.

THE INTEL CONROE PROCESSORS BLOW THE XBOX360 PROCESSOR OUT OF THE WATER.

Thank you come again.

Wow, relax.

But Jesus H. Christ I'm looking forward to this game and this dude with his waxed haircut (who looks suprisingly similar to this guy I know).

The physics simulations in this game are incredible too. Just wait for it.

sl4vik said:

THE XBOX360 DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING NEAR AS GOOD AS A COMP WITH A DECENT GRAPHICS CARD.

Thank you come again.
If you knew what the expression "writing to the metal" meant you would know why your comparisons of the hardware are all a moot point.

sl4vik said:
Actually, with some more RAM, the 360's GPU is a fair match against the GTS... and the 360's CPU is somewhat matched with an E6600.
And remember: XBOX360, $300; Computer, $1600
And srsly, gtfo, uhav isuez. :-/

This game does really look damn good, but I heard you can enjoy some sweet graphics in Crysis and Alan Wake with as *little* as a X1900XTX... or two...

But the physics are just as impressive, very complex, it adds to the visuals a lot.

Shell said:
Actually, with some more RAM, the 360's GPU is a fair match against the GTS... and the 360's CPU is somewhat matched with an E6600.
And remember: XBOX360, $300; Computer, $1600
And srsly, gtfo, uhav isuez. :-/

This game does really look damn good, but I heard you can enjoy some sweet graphics in Crysis and Alan Wake with as *little* as a X1900XTX... or two...

But the physics are just as impressive, very complex, it adds to the visuals a lot.

Please explain how the GPU is a fair match to even the GTS. Every single time I see an XBOX360 even on a nice 42" HDTV it always look subpar. Textures, AA, Anistropic is a joke compared to the PC. But people buy the consoles to play games like Fight Night round 3, and other sports game, or RPG's.

sl4vik said:

Thank you come again.

Of course, but if the games on the 360 are tons more fun, then who the cares? ;)

shard said:
Of course, but if the games on the 360 are tons more fun, then who the cares? ;)

Ya...like Madden or..........

Oh thats right, the 360 doesnt have any good games.

OKOK settle down before this turns into a flame war (which is against the rules).

360 has good games (like gears of war), PC has better gfx... end of discussion.

matva said:
OKOK settle down before this turns into a flame war (which is against the rules).

360 has good games (like gears of war), PC has better gfx... end of discussion.

Fair enough, but you forgot that almost all 360 games are on or coming to PC. Including Gears of War.

sl4vik said:
Fair enough, but you forgot that almost all 360 games are on or coming to PC. Including Gears of War.

Nothing wrong with playing games, at least last time I checked it wasn't? Besides games like Dead Rising, Saints Row, Gears of War (is not coming to PC for at least a 6 months) and many others are great fun to ME. Gaming is all an individual perception. But please, dont go shouting from the rooftops that one thing is better, or lesser then the other. Why? Becuase its only your opinion, or a fact that is only detremental to theory, not practice.

But I am not saying that the 360 is better then the PC, but at as long as there are games that 'I' want to play, I will be buying the games that I want to play to play them. And I am about to drop $1500 on a brand new C2D system with a 8800GTS for my PC gaming pleasure. Its subjective. I just love gaming!:beer:

360 games are on par with current PC titles. Some PC ports look rubbish on the 360 simply because it is difficult to make a game run well that was designed to perform on a completely different architecture. Technically the 360 GPU is more powerful than a X1900 because it has a unified pipeline, but doesn't have nearly as much memory to play with. The 360 GPU is actually more powerful than the PS3's - notice how in every Sony conference they tout the power of the Cell even when mentioning graphics. ;)

Back