• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alan Wake Screenshots (56k Proving Grounds :O)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello. Please bring this thread back on topic...please???

This is about Alan Wake, keep your 360 vs. PC crap to PMs.

With that said, does anybody know the actual doings of Alan Wake? Is it going to be a shooter, RPG, adventure? I have no idea at this point.

I hope for your guys sake the PC port of Alan Wake isn't as bloated and glitch filled as Halo was.

BACK ON TOPIC...

Not really that impressed with the graphics. Things like that enigine and the foilage can make you miss even the best details and shading because your eyes are drawn to the flaws. The islands also had very hard jagged lines to them.

The sunset had promise though. I would like to see that in motion.

.....and that main character looks like a fruity serial killer. I hope there is 1st person so you don't have to look at him all the time. :D

To be honest, I expected more from something that needs a whole new directx. I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it being played on a monitor though.

Sure takes an awful lot to impress some of you people.

At a glance, some of those pictures look almost photo realistic. The lighting is incredible, the textures are super dooper, the draw distance is like, forever.
Graphics look amazing to me, not perfect, but amazing nonetheless. And hopefully, being made from the makers of Max Payne, the gameplay will be fun

Guys its not going to be a merical setting change over night. These are the first DX10 games, well see more speed increases probably then special effects or looks most likely.

If you guys haven't seen the HD trailers yet, I advise you check them out.

This looks like it could be a cheesy horror movie, but hopefully the game version is sweeter.

Trust me, it looks INSANE when he drives his jeep down to the lighthouse and frantically tries to open a locked gate, he turns around and there are like 50 black hooded figures just standing there looking at him. Absurd.

Seven said:
If you guys haven't seen the HD trailers yet, I advise you check them out.

This looks like it could be a cheesy horror movie, but hopefully the game version is sweeter.

Trust me, it looks INSANE when he drives his jeep down to the lighthouse and frantically tries to open a locked gate, he turns around and there are like 50 black hooded figures just standing there looking at him. Absurd.

I'd love to see that, can you provide a link? I haven't been able to find HD videos of it that don't require a paying subscription to a site or whatever. :beer:

My computer is to crappy to run the HD movie smooth lmao.

My gosh darned 1.83Ghz yonah barley runs them without stuttering :( I think I wish I never moved from desktop to laptop exclusively. Hopefully I can soon afford to start building a new system...then I can play this game and Crysis (Crysis in DX10 mode I mean) While it kinda sucks for people that Alan Wake will be DX10 only, I applaud them for not making it DX9 compatible also....they would have had to waste a lot of time doing so, and probably skimped in other areas. It sucks that ppl without Vista and a DX10 Vid card wouldn't be able to play until upgrading, I still think it's the way to go.

EDIT: and hey, I'm sure that by the time I CAN afford to start a new system, there will at least be 8900's and ATI equivalents out. :)
And maybe the Quad cores will have dropped in price a bit.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the Intel conference video with all of the Alan wake stuff, showing how it can utilize a Quad core CPU?

Looks pretty groovy, although there are a few issues, like the HL1 esque cars etc, the lighting effects are fantastic. Shame to be honest I almost feel as though the game engine is wasted on the storyline :p

Neural Net said:
Looks pretty groovy, although there are a few issues, like the HL1 esque cars etc, the lighting effects are fantastic. Shame to be honest I almost feel as though the game engine is wasted on the storyline :p

Granted the game is still not done, and almost all of the screens out there are from E3 and/or a few months old. Last I heard this game comes out fall of 2007?

shard said:
Granted the game is still not done, and almost all of the screens out there are from E3 and/or a few months old. Last I heard this game comes out fall of 2007?

Yeh I heard it's out around that time as well (so long as it doesn't get delayed). Of coure these things can be tweaked and put right, I just hope that they are because they look somewhat out of place compared to the rest of the world.

Also, is it me of does the foliage in both this and Crysis look as though it needs more contrast? It just looks a little bland to me especially when you see it right next to the water. :confused:

Bump! I just took a look at this and it's amazing.
http://www.alanwake.com/index.html

Alan_Wake_2006_004.jpg

I took the pictures down because it was racking up some bandwidth but if you want them back up just say somethign :]

Back