• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alienware Fan Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WRPelfrey

Does anyone know how to control ALL OF THE FANS on an Alienware Area-51 R5? Speed Fan and HWINFO64 doesn't work. The Alienware Control Center doesn't control all of the fans. Any ideas? This seems to be a MSI cloned motherboard, yet the MSI control software will not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you confirm all of the fans are plugged in to the motherboard? How many pins are on each fan's connection?
Which fans are/aren't being controlled?

YES, all fans are plugged in and working, turning. Each fans has 4 pins. The fan I wish to control is marked "MID Fan" on the mother board. I think I'm going to have to make a special dual fan cable that "Steals/Copies" the control signal from "TOP Fan" (Which Alienware Control Center Can Control) and use that signal to control "MID Fan" also.

I've been searching the internet for an answer to this problem, and, it appears to be a problem with the Alienware Control Center Software properly recognizing everything on this motherboard. From what I've feared, DELL is not investing much time into this control software, it wasn't updated in time for the release on this newer Alienware Area-51 R5 model, even though they ship it with the Alienware Area-51 R5.

Yeah, I know, WELCOME TO THE DELL FAMILY! If you want something to work right, build it yourself.

Last edited:
I've been doing fan profiling on every laptop I've owned, this would be the first one that can't be controlled, pity, because it could run cooler@heavy-loads and quieter@low-loads.

I thought it was a given and I had ruled out the hassle of doing a repaste, but there's really no way of controlling them I'll be taking the time in a couple of weeks when some parts that I'm planning to replace arrive....

I'm fairly sure that this is a desktop which is worse in my mind. Any MB should allow full control of all fan headers.

Back