• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

alpha pal8045 vs. SLK-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elmog

Currently I am using an Alpha PAl8045 on my XP 2100. It is slightly overclocked at 1.75 Vcore. Idle temps range from 38-41 C.

How much of a temperature decrease would I see were I to switch to the SLK-800? (All other things, such as fan cfm being equal.)

Would it be more advantageous to buy a watercooling setup or an SLK-800?

Thanks for your help all.

i had a valcano 6cu cpu cooler on my amd 2200 and i changed it to an slk 800 with smart fan2 and artic silver 3 an i love the temps now

temps were 42 idle and 55 load and now temps are 27 idle 33 load
its not oc YET

Thanks Robin Hood--Thats exactly what I was looking for. I guess I'll hold on to my PAL8045 for a while then!

Does the fact that its a big (80mm) HS have anything to do with its performance?

Now here is a question:

How much of a temp decrease can one expect from the change from a high quality air cooling rig to middle-of-the-road water cooling rig?

HI, I have both heatsinks and tried them both out with 40 cfm fan. The slk-800 was only like 2 c better than the pal8045. See my temps below in my sig for slk-800.

The Alpha PAL 8045 it is!! No SLK-800 for me ! Thanks for all your help ppl.

I use the PAL 8045 and it is a great heatsink.

A couple of times my fans stopped running and the only thing that saved my CPU was a PSU fan and the ALPHA.

Back