• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM1 overclocking thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have often problems like I test something for 2-3 months , all is working fine, next I move to something else and motherboard/graphics card is not in use for next 2-3 months. When I back to this hardware it's dead. Last year I made RMA for 2 mobos, 2 CPUs and 1 graphics card which died in the same weird way. Now I have one GB mobo in RMA.

I´ve heard PSU ripple is a silent killer. BTW my AM1I-A and Athlon 5150 are working with all energy options disabled (Cool and Quiet, C6, CPB), I dont know how much will the power consumption increase like this. So far no reboots, but It can happen I guess...just trying to see If Cool & quiet disabled fix the issue.

Is it possible that the 200w Cooler Master Flex PSU can´t handle low power consumption and sudden voltage drops? (when the voltage varies from 1.116 - 1.308 and when some cores are disabled? So my theory is that the constant 1600MHZ and 1.308v should do the trick. But It could be something else. I found this thread where some people had 2 Ati Sound Drivers and 1 for integrated audio:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-kernel-power-41-63-error-434613.html

I double check in Device Manager and I only have 2 (ATI High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio). Like I said, the problem was more easy to recreate with Foobar2000 (Changed this one for AIMP3 already), but It could happen even when clicking the power off button in Win 8.1 desktop or something else.

From May the 5th until now, not a Kernel Event 41 yet. Mi biggest lapse without a freeze and reboot was from April the 16th - 28th. And this was with CPB disabled. But like I said before CPB and C6 disabled didnt do the trick afterwards. Im just hopping that without Cool and Quiet the system work Ok for over a Month.

I´ve seen other threads talking about Kernel 41 events while gaming, and here is the opossite, since day 1 never had those problems while playing games. I really don´t know If Its software related, HW incompatibility, APU malfunction, Faulty Mobo (bad capacitors ,ICs), PSU ripple...etc, etc.

Last edited:
This issue is weird. Board is giving me "beeps" like it was broken graphics card or graphics memory. The same with IGP or discrete graphics card. When I remove RAM then is other sound but I was checking 3-4 different memory kits and was exactly the same. Also weird would be if it was CPU as I got it maybe 4-5 weeks ago and it was working for maybe 2-3h in total.

In my NAS is working other Kabini but there is 1.5GHz on Biostar board which has no OC options.

Did you found the problem?

I was busy in last days and I had no time to send it. Actually deliver it as I can make RMA directly in the store from where I got it. I think I will check it again before I make RMA.

In last days I also had weird issue on other Kabini rig. It's running with 1xSSD and 6xHDD ( 2x1TB RAID1 + 4x2TB RAID10 ) on LSI controller. 2 days ago it lost communication with all HDD, only SSD was visible. There are no errors in controller's log and in OS log is only info that system lost connection with drives. There is Server 2012R2 and all was working without issues 24/7 for about 6 months, maybe more.

Here is photo of the rig ( which I posted in the past in other threads ):

2.jpg

Inside is 300W BeQuiet PSU as it was the smallest good quality PSU in reasonable price. This platform is like 30-40W max with other devices so 200W should be more than enough. CPU is 15W or something.
I have no idea about sound errors or anything like that. I've never used audio card on Kabini.

I was busy in last days and I had no time to send it. Actually deliver it as I can make RMA directly in the store from where I got it. I think I will check it again before I make RMA.

In last days I also had weird issue on other Kabini rig. It's running with 1xSSD and 6xHDD ( 2x1TB RAID1 + 4x2TB RAID10 ) on LSI controller. 2 days ago it lost communication with all HDD, only SSD was visible. There are no errors in controller's log and in OS log is only info that system lost connection with drives. There is Server 2012R2 and all was working without issues 24/7 for about 6 months, maybe more.

Inside is 300W BeQuiet PSU as it was the smallest good quality PSU in reasonable price. This platform is like 30-40W max with other devices so 200W should be more than enough. CPU is 15W or something.
I have no idea about sound errors or anything like that. I've never used audio card on Kabini.

Strange issue, even more If the whole system was working. The troubles begin with the Audio Card? Its funny cause when I just bought the Asus AM1I-A in bios the display adapter was set to PCI-E in BIOS and It was giving me display through the igpu. This AM1 mobos seem to be very tricky. I still dont have a reboot on my system. Would you do me a kindness? If you have a Kill a watt or something like that, would you measure the power consumption of your 5350 and mobo with all energy options disabled when It comes back? Im just curious how much energy the system is pulling like that. Its hard to find a power meter here. Keep us updated.

Regards.

I have nothing to measure watts and my 5350/AM1I-A are not working as I said before. When I make RMA it will take 3-4 weeks to get it back.

Back