• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ boards have arrived??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you fntastiK, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who cared haha. Hopefully with one board out, this will open the floodgates. I don't think other manufacturers would want GB to get ahead in the AM3+ market. Let the competition begin! :rock:

True. One can only hope its on the boards' heels. Maybe GB is trying to market to people who want to be able to upgrade to BD later, but want/need a phenom now.

I think that's just an opportunity for MSI and Asus to take Gigabyte's idea and make better. Just like when Microsft release their Xbox and Sony took advantage and release a year later a better product.

Mystery and intrigue.
I just looked at the newegg link and it does not say AM3+ ... just AM3.
However Gigabytes website only lists on AM3+ mobo. And that is the MA770T, which when you look up on newegg only says AM3. So maybe I'm missing something? I don't know.

haha, its useless to release AM3+ board when bulldozer isn't even out
Isn't the AM3+ socket backward compatible with AM3 processors? If so, I would select an AM3+ board if I were buying today and plug an AM3 processor in it. At some later time I could upgrade to a Bulldozer. Of course that provides the opportunity to experience some of the growing pains of the AM3+ architecture without actually benefiting from having an AM3+ CPU. :rolleyes:

The photos of that gigabyte board show an AM3 socket, AM3+ has one of the blanked out pin sections as only a single pin.

The photos of that gigabyte board show an AM3 socket, AM3+ has one of the blanked out pin sections as only a single pin.

I did notice that. However, on gigabyte's website they show the black sockets. They also took the boards down(?). Next time they pop back up, I'll shoot Newegg an email and see whats going on.

Back