• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AM3+ CPU retention Bracket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

Does anyone know if i can use an AM2/AM3 retention bracket on a AM3+?
If not does anyone know where i can get one?? ASUS doesnt have any in the online store. I contacted them and they said they would have to request the part...

Anywhere else i can look?

Thanks in advance! :thup:

If they are the same.. why did the one that came on my board look completly different? I have an am2 one that i just found yesterday looking threw some crap.

They are the same.
The orange one is on a AM2 mb and the blue one is off a AM3+.
Some may have 3 tits per side but they still mount the HSF properly.

Attachments

• AM2-AM3 Bracket.JPG
    AM2-AM3 Bracket.JPG
    977.2 KB · Views: 4,117
They are the same dimensions on the mounting holes, but if you really want me to I will go and measure them.
It looks like they are different in the pic because the blue one is closer to the lens.

Edit: I went out to the shop and they both measure 1.9 x 3.8" center to center of the mounting holes.

Last edited:
AM2, AM2+, AM3 and AM3+ are all basically the same with this exception: some manufacturers have changed the retention bracket around the socket so it is two pieces instead of a solid ring to provide better airflow to the socket. but the mounts are the same.

Thanks! That is good to know.. I got a am2 bracket laying here.. I guess i could cut off the rig to give it the same look and air flow. :)

Back