• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazing the difference a little dust can make..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is ok, will change it back to the heatsink pic once I've sobered up. Right now its still funny as I'm a bit drunk

A friend told me a comp in his warehouse had become unstable and asked me to look at it. He brought it over to my house one night (along with a six pack) and I popped open the hood. Solid black inside. And not because it was one of the way cool interior paint jobs. I took it out in the driveway and hit it with 100psi and a cloud of dust exploded from the case. I literally started coughing and had trouble seeing as I was standing close operating the air nozzle and got a lungfull and eyes full of that stuff.

I went inside after cleaning up his comp-u-box and looked in the mirror. I looked like I had been working in a coal mine. But the beer was cold. And the computer is still working fine (this is 7-8 years ago).
This reminded me: I outright refused to work on a customer's PC once due to dog hair and cigarette gunk all throughout the computer. I think it even had fleas, but I didn't look too close. Glad I checked it out in the parking lot before bringing it indoors. Told her to call a fumigator and then to take it to best buy. It was probably the grossest machine I have personally seen at this point, although I've heard stories of worse.

I just load my computer up and take it to work with me when I need to dust it. That old bodyshop air compressor cleans it right up. :D

I couldn't afford to use canned air... I'd go broke as often as I dust my machines out.

120PSI Air Compressor with a water trap... Works wonders! LOL

Just gotta keep the nozzle far enough away not to hurt anything.

one of the ladies whose computer I fixed as I do tech support, gave me 4 cans of it; I had jokingly said "best christmas present ever: canned air!" she apparently took that as a hint....nice lady.

Back