• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Prime

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good point Knufire, I very seldom follow it myself. I have a soft spot for Geil.

Good point Knufire, I very seldom follow it myself. I have a soft spot for Geil.

Never heard of that brand, I'm starting to think that brand doesn't really matter, as long as you check the technical specifications of the product.. :screwy:

I'm a sucker for brand names, though I'm too cheap to get the 'top-of-the-line' stuff.

I'm probably gonna get my Home Theater PC for the mum before I buy these parts, possibly at the beginning of next month. You guys think these parts are still going to be good come next month? Nothing new coming out, huh?

Took the plunge and ordered the parts.. SO EXCITED! I'll keep you guys updated!

What's a good benchmark software, so I can compare the difference before/after the new parts?

So I finally got all the parts in, setup everything and the performance gain is HUGE! I used to get 20-30fps in minecraft using shaders and now I constantly get 60fps!!!! Far Cry 3 would lag like crazy, 30-40 fps, now, I get 60fps as well, even during RECORDING w/DXTORY!!! I am VERY happy with the parts I purchased. Just wanted to thank everyone for helping my get this list together.

Also, I notice the cpu temps are still high, any suggestions? Again, still using the Antec 620
Around 40C Idle / 60C Load

EDIT: If I'm using old Arctic Silver paste, looked okay to me when I used it, went on smooth out of the tube, not watery, would that make a difference with temps?

Last edited:
I did the same thing with my last build and getting new past made a huge difference. MY as was about 4 yrs old. Got some ceramique 2 and like I said big difference

What's the best thermal paste? Also, I think I'm applying my thermal paste wrong, I hear two ways of applying it: apply and spread using a credit card or something, and other say to just place a half-pea sized dot and just press the cooler, it'll spread on it's own.

I'm accustomed to doing it by spreading, I feel like it's more even, am I doing it wrong?

Uhh, so I got everything setup, but I'm a little worried. Asus software keeps warning me of +5V 0.160 V. What does that mean?
EDIT: I also notice the temperatures are WAAAAY off too..

Attachments

• hwmonitor.png
    hwmonitor.png
    63 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back