• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rekenq's first build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is complete!!!

Update!! Again, sorry for the long wait (It took me some time to save up for everything). Finally, everything has come together.

Last week my motherboard and PSU arrived. So I built it on the weekend. Take a look :D

Parts.jpg
MB.jpg
Case.jpg
Build.jpg
BIOS.jpg

And now, a small story about the building process.

It took me nearly half a day to get this done. I chose a day that I thought no one would bother me. Boy was I wrong. For some reason my family decided it was a good day to pay me a visit. I started building at like 11am, but then they came. My cousins, my sister and my parents. They were having breakfast so close to my stuff that I could feel my heartbeat go nuts. My sister brought her baby kitten who gave me various mini heart attacks since it was running like crazy around where I was.

About the build. Installing the processor in the motherboard was a lot easier than I thought. The cooling system (H115i) was the trickiest part, at first I wasn't sure it was going to fit in the S340 but it did in the end (I just wasn't taking the fans width into account when placing the radiator). Oh and I didn't know that the H115i already had thermal paste applied to the plate, I touched it accidentally and smudged a little bit of it, that's how I found out >.< Connecting everything seemed hard at first but the motherboard's manual made it relatively easy. My cable management as you can see in the pictures, isn't great but it was the best I could do. PSU and the hard drives gave no trouble.

Keep in mind that I was doing all of this with my family going wild around me and it was my first time building a PC. By the time I was done, I was so tense I felt like I had to punch someone. I wasn't even sure if I had done everything correctly and if it was going to work, but I plugged it, saw the BIOS come up and it was GLORIOUS, that eureka feeling is the best.

So in summary, building my first PC was painful and frustrating. But I'd do it again n_n (Minus the whole family part)

Oh and since this is the internet here's a picture of the little sucker

Gris.jpg

I also ended up installing a network card a few days later since, sadly, ethernet is not an option I have right now. The Asus PCE-A88

417PAA5f54L._AC_SS350_.jpg

I'll take a picture of it installed when I get home today.

By the way, could anybody tell me what tools (as in software) should I use to measure the performance of my new baby? :D

Last edited:
Great looking build Rek!

I'm glad it went relative - ly smoothly. LOL See what I did there?

"Relatively" speaking, it was not as hard as you thought it would be it seems.

Back