• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1100T Heat Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tmzasz

Registered
Ok im not sure what to say about this but im getting mixed results from my computer when looking at temps. My rig is below

Phenom II X6 1100T - CoolerMaster 212 Evo - AS5
2x Nvidia GTX 460 SLI
8GB Kingsiton DDR3 1333
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Bios 813
Creative Fatality Titanium Sound
Thermaltake Level10 GT Black with 2 additional fans ( one intake on bottom and intake mounted above Blu-Ray)
OCZ 850W Full Mod PS

The problem im having is the Asus Thermal Radar is reporting my CPU temp as 39 Deg C while speedfan 4.45 reports 27C and Core Temp reports 27C as well can i assume that the Thermal Radar program is reporting temps wrong?

Attachments

• coretemp.jpg
    coretemp.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 93
  • cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 103
  • gpus.jpg
    gpus.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 98
  • thermal radar.jpg
    thermal radar.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
All I see is GPU temps in those pics, not CPU temps. But from your written explanation I wonder if you aren't confusing CPU temps and core temps. Run HWMonitor. It displays both CPU and core temps. CPU temps are read from the motherboard socket area while core temps are read from the processor die itself and are the most meaningful.

Hmm the first image has the 3 core temp monitors on the far right (core temp, speed fan watching core and ASIs thermal radar)

Posted from my iPhone

Sure, you can assume that Asus Thermal is not reading the 'same' temp as CoreTemp and not even from the cores which is what you really need to monitor. Core Temp is reading the core and the other thing...not. They are not the same temps at all.

Ty I'll watch core temp then I'm kinda anxious to see what this setup can do oc wise already it's a huge difference from the stock cooler that was on it (idled around 40 then almost 4 hours of bf3 it was close to 55) I haven't oced since the Athlon 64 3200+ on the old as dirt 939 platform so I'm a bit rusty at it lol

Last edited:
Hmm the first image has the 3 core temp monitors on the far right (core temp, speed fan watching core and ASIs thermal radar)

Posted from my iPhone

Yeah, I see them now but when I had enlarged the image to be able to read the data it shifted off the right hand edge of the page out of view.

Say, I would suggest using the auto resizing tool built into the forum. If you click on the "Go Advanced" button of a new post window and then click on the little paperclip icon at the top it will take you right to the upload tool and also automatically size your pics to fit within the frames of the post string. That one pics of your open case is huge and really slows down the scrolling on lower powered machines like a laptop.

I would also suggest framing, capturing and uploading individual images rather than grouping them on your desktop and screen capturing the whole desktop. This makes the individual images large enough to easily see the data they contain without zooming.

These are just some suggestions for making the help process more efficient.

Yeah, I see them now but when I had enlarged the image to be able to read the data it shifted off the right hand edge of the page out of view.

Say, I would suggest using the auto resizing tool built into the forum. If you click on the "Go Advanced" button of a new post window and then click on the little paperclip icon at the top it will take you right to the upload tool and also automatically size your pics to fit within the frames of the post string. That one pics of your open case is huge and really slows down the scrolling on lower powered machines like a laptop.

I would also suggest framing, capturing and uploading individual images rather than grouping them on your desktop and screen capturing the whole desktop. This makes the individual images large enough to easily see the data they contain without zooming.

These are just some suggestions for making the help process more efficient.

ty i hadent even thought about the laptops im gonna go resize the pics :)

ty i hadent even thought about the laptops im gonna go resize the pics :)

Those idle temps seem really high. I have my 1100t overclocked to 4ghz and still sit at around 27c idle and around 53c maxed out for 30 min. and that is on the stock amd heat sink and fan. Idk if i got lucky or whats going on. I run auto cpu voltage (1.365v) NB (1.95v) and every other voltage on auto. my nb is 2500mhz with 2000 ht. 1667 ram. Actually i bump the ram voltage to 1.55 since i increased the speed alittle. From what ive been reading alot of people use alot higher voltages to achieve the same thing. Anyway hope this helps.

When i Wanted to OC my AMD 1100T, i stared by running Prime95 on Stock settings any my CPU was MAXing temps of around 56'c... only to find out that at Stock 3.3ghz my MoBo was out putting 1.57v at max load... i set my Vcore manualy to 1.400v and turned up the multiplier to x20...

im currently getting 4ghz out of her with max Temps of 49-50'c running Prime for 2h.

hope that helps...

Back