• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9590 with Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 Deadlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thurion

Registered
Hello everyone, I'm new and having some troubles. I had the AMD fx8150 installed with this motherboard with a Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo. I bought the 9590 and my computer started deadlocking after 5 minutes so I switched to default the bios and the problem persisted, but it took 15 to 20 minutes before the deadlock. My rig is:

CPU: AMD Vishera 9590
Motherboard: Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
Ram: 4x4gb Gskill Sniper 1600mhz.
GPU: ati radeon r9 390x 8gb
Hard-drive: SSD Hyper-x Fury 240gb
PSU: Thermaltake Smart M850w
Case: Thermaltake Core V71

I don't really want to overclock the CPU, just know if this setup is enough to make it work with standard ghz. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I just ran around a lot of forums and everyone seems to have problems with this CPU. Do I keep it or should I go for something more simple like the 8350?

Thank you all for your time!

PD: Sorry I can't post screens of my current bios with voltages and all atm but I'm at work, if needed I'll update later.

So is a heat problem. Will it stop if I lowered the CPU to 4ghz somehow? Relying on your experience here. Thanks again!

Yes, it would. You can manually set the CPU Frequency and vCore to lower settings will stop the heat from being an issue.

Thank you very much, I'll lower the frequency and vCore till I can get a Crosair H100i at least.

Even lowering those things you might still have a problem cooling with the 212 evo. If the whole heatsink gets hot after a few minutes it's probably saturated.

Well I switched a few times between the 8150 and the 9590 and the heatsink was pretty cool, that's why I never thought about a heat problem. Thanks for the reply!

Well in my country it's kinda of hard to get good products. Can you send me a link from amazon? My aunt is going tomorrow to the US and I already asked her to get me the Corsair H100i V2, but if you think she can bring me something better for u$s100 I'll follow your lead. Thank you!

Thanks for the link, it's kinda out of my league I think, but I'll see. I'll probably trade my 9590 for the 8350 since it's still in direct change warranty. Thanks for all the tips!

Thanks for the link, it's kinda out of my league I think, but I'll see. I'll probably trade my 9590 for the 8350 since it's still in direct change warranty. Thanks for all the tips!

You can always OC the 8350 if your temps allow :)

I'll try that then, maybe I'll leave the 8150 with the evo for my daugther's PC then. Thank you for your time, again!

A good way to lower the TDP output of that FX-9590 and keep the Mhz is to cut cores. Run 4 vs 8. That should help bunches.

However the cpu does not like Cool and Quiet and C1E. I'd turn these off. It'll help keep a higher stable voltage on that CPU. Turn off the Turbo as well, it's not needed especially if you have a heat problem.

That 9590 is a monster of a heat generator, so you need some monster cooling. The 8350 is a good choice, you can OC it like others have said and all 83xx chips has the same instruction set as the 9370 & 9590.

Thanks everyone, I managed to run it at 4.0ghz without heat problems, I guess I'll try increasing that number a little when the water cooling arrives. Thanks for all the help!

Yeah, the FX 9XXX CPU's (9590, 9370, etc) tend to put out quite a lot of heat.

An FX 8350 really is a much better deal as it's much cheaper and puts out a lot less heat. Plus they can overclock to speeds similar to the 9590 for a lot less money.

Really seems like you'll have to make accommodations to run the 9590, which is something you shouldn't have to do in my opinion. You should have done some more research before upgrading your CPU to find parts that would all work together and be balanced than buying one high end hot-running CPU and then upgrading your cooling to run it safely after you already had the CPU.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe for the next time I'll do a bether work at research. I really had my best hopes on AMD but well, **** happens and I'll try to learn from it. Thank you for your help!

Back