• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kydskid

Registered
Hey, im sure there are 100+ threads, and if so I am sorry, please link me one, but im looking to OC my AMD-A10 5700, I've heard of people doing small OC's and im sure its dependent on specs (which ill include to the best of my abilities). If anyone knows of any programs, or how to edit my BIOS to do it, it would be much appreciated, not looking for much as far as gains, but I would love to remove any throttling and micro stutters between my CPU and old af GPU.

Untitled.png

Cooling of cpu is crap idle it sits on 66c that isnt good at all. Isnt that laptop if it is forget about overclocking it also all overclocking is best done over BIOS

Look at the icon on the right of the CPU temp: the CPU is around 80/90% load.

No clue about your bios: it is an Acer pre-built. You have to get in the bios and upload some screenshots.

BIOS doesnt allow for "stock" OC, gonna go look at some cooling solutions today though so that wont be an issue for long. Not sure where to find BIOS "firmware" (for lack of a better term in my head), i will try and look into that too.

Ooops, sorry Demien, you were right! It seems that you have to take care of cooling first: if your CPU idles at 68c, it will likely throttle on load by exceeding temp limit.

Ill have to look into some cheap options that will work with my rig aha, its kind of a Frankenstein tbh. Its a micro tower pre-build in a server tower case so mass airflow is definitely not a problem, just a cheap low RPM fan in it right now (factory fun). Any suggestions are welcome, thanks for all the quick and helpful replies though! Really do appreciate it! Hard to brainstorm with non tech friends aha.

For the CPU, you can get an evo 212. Will do a good job. Add a couple of 120mm fans (one intake, one exhaust), and youshould be covered for roughly 50 bucks. ANd that is stuff you can reuse in fure builds anyway.

Just to clarify as well, CPU is sitting at about 50% (Netflix), which is why its warmer than normal, its been idling at about 44 C average.

Honestly, under load (H1Z1 is my fun little test) it goes to 80-85 C (thats hot for me), so sitting at 44 is tame for it lately, it is a bit overdue for a cleaning but since I got it that's how its been. Im sure ill need thermal paste when i swap heat sinks right? Kind of unsure about that with new gen things, last time i bothered with a heat sink change was in the dual core days, feels like itll be the same, this CPU is kind of semi-welded to the heatsink due to previous stupidity (forgot fan plug ins when i changed cases). Just looking for as much info as i can get before i take a trip to CanadaComputers with my shopping cart aha

DhosmDg.jpg
iuKFGn0.jpg
Just as a refference for my oversized laptop aha, appreciate all the help, gonna go check out prices for fans and such in about an hour when the place opens up, ill be looking into that MX4 when I can for sure too. Thanks again for all this help! Didn't make me feel as stupid as I usually do and for that many thanks are due!

Right now with my usual things open (steam, discord and netflix), im at around 65-70 with spikes up to 75-80 (like when in full load) but i also have my Catalyst Control set to max (3.4gb without any OC)

That's too hot. USe CPUID HWMonitor, or HWiNFO64 for temperature monitoring. Those are our software of choice and give much more granular info about temp (per core, socket, etc...).

Edit: max temp for 7850K is 74c, you are alredy beyond that @stock.

Untitled3.png
that would be what im at as of this moment, according to HWMonitor (seems like its a tad more feature filled, thanks for the tip)

Untitled4.png

I thought just gaming with an APU was rough aha, findind sensors and such is even worse clearly ahaha, thanks again for all the tips, wouldnt be anywhere near where i am now in knowledge *fist bump*

Back