• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Untitled5.png

5th times the charm ahaha, give ya a nice image of my netflix window while im at it, im stubborn and dont want to close it (basic usage for my pc, bare min usage, mostly gaming)

Top two rows, one shows 18 C (which i DOUBT is actually the temp) other shows like 66 C (which makes a lot more sense)

- - - Updated - - -

Untitled6.png

As we said earlier you can think about OC-ing after you deal with cooling. Sorry about thinking it is laptop I thought because of the motherboard also haven't noticed any letter on Cpu oops.
Just to be clear even cooling alone might not help you because I believe said motherboard wont be happy with it at all OEM motherboards are usually crappy.
If I were you I would eventually buy cooling and leave it as it is later when it dies just pull out cooling for another build.

yea seems to be the way to go, sped a whopping 12$ to get a new keyboard, ordering my fan now, and got myself a wonderful GIANT can of compressed air to help clean some of the crust outta here, thanks again for all the help you've all given me, I wish manufacturers gave us a bit more freedom, then i guess we wouldnt be buying their high end crap for their eye gouging prices but such is life! Ad now I begin my quest to build the ultimate "out of the garbage" gaming machine! Believe it or not thats where i got 90% of these parts (video card not included, that was salvaged from another friends rig before he trashed i)

yea seems to be the way to go, sped a whopping 12$ to get a new keyboard, ordering my fan now, and got myself a wonderful GIANT can of compressed air to help clean some of the crust outta here, thanks again for all the help you've all given me, I wish manufacturers gave us a bit more freedom, then i guess we wouldnt be buying their high end crap for their eye gouging prices but such is life! Ad now I begin my quest to build the ultimate "out of the garbage" gaming machine! Believe it or not thats where i got 90% of these parts (video card not included, that was salvaged from another friends rig before he trashed i)

Sadly I know the pain before this one I had 2 machines like that one always patching it up and it wouldn't last a year without something braking. At least now this one can endure at least 5 years or more. You always can find decent deal just keep your eyes out

The best chance at overclocking that thing would be AMD OverDrive and it's also the most accurate when it come to temperature monitoring. It doesn't actually give a temp reading but a distance to max

Use AMD Overdrive to get accurate temps on that generation of APUs. Keep in mind that the temp reading on AMD Overdrive is Tjmax, not actual temp. Tjmax is the amount of temp headroom left before reaching throttle down temp, which on those CPUs at stock voltages and frequencies is about 70c. So for example, if AMD Overdrive shows 20c then your actual package/core temp is going to be about 50c.

Back