• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD and games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I really don't get the gaming issues with these cpu's.
my 4 year old grandson plays a ww2 air combat game on a [email protected] here.
so i can sit on the floor with him I picked me up a game.
I lugged my coolermaster with the [email protected] in it upstairs and hooked it up to my 72 inch tv. it's problem free, looks great on screen, no stutters or stalls and the sound is awesome.
so if your having issues playing your game do what i'm doing.
PLAY ANGRY BIRDS STARWARS.......

LOL Caddi be careful I hear Angry Birds needs at least 5.2 ghz to run properly ;)

it just might but i understand that quad crossfire helps get the last pig faster.

Partially sarcasm, or entirely sarcasm :D?

Either way, I hope you have 32xAA on those birds...drives me nuts when I suspect that they have jagged edges.

There is no gaming issue with AMD IMO. I recently upgraded from a PII X4 965(christmas). I had it running @ 3.8 GHz 24/7 and I never saw any serious issues. I do have a beefy vid card (sig) but if you wanna game you need some decent hardware. :comp:
Even newer DX11 games ( Crysis 2, Batman Arkham City) never stuttered or hung up. I always play with my settings at high. The "Ulta" or "Extreme " settings are lost on my old eyes anyway. I wouldn't notice any difference. :shock: If someone has a half*ss decent rig and is having trouble with games, either the game has an issue or the operator IMO. :screwy:

Last edited:
I did get it Caddi. The Angry birds kinda sealed the deal

Good gawd "Mandrake4565, don't tell no C_D that he needs more speed...he loves volts. Hehehe. RGone...ster. :ty:
I know RGone I was hoping he'd put more into that 6300, just to see if he can make the Birds catch on fire while flying across the screen.

well I have lugged it all upstairs, he's on the 72 inch above the fire place and i have put the 46 next to it.
he has his ensure and chicken bits (he's 4) and I have my everclear and granny is down in the big city(with her boy toy I hope) so i can play angey birds till midnight!!!!!!

this is the first time i have had him play upstars and on the big screen with the thundering sound system,
he's rocking the house at max volume and this makes life good.

Last edited:
it's 10:30 here so a bit more of rattling the crystal before i have to get this stuff lugged back out of sight of granny. he just cackles like a chicken to the sound of another nazi fireball!!!!!!!!

I know RGone I was hoping he'd put more into that 6300, just to see if he can make the Birds catch on fire while flying across the screen.

Yeah. Sweet. You guys were over here egging him on and he was in another thread egging me on. Sending me emails as well. Burn er' boy. Loader UP. Well I had my benches all done looking for the plateau like the Bulldozers had and looking for it with my FX-8350 and had all done at 5.2Ghz. Now he has me at 5.4Ghz and that is it. 1.56Vcore is it for me since this cpu seems a gem. No sense in burning it completely up on catching a Bird. What kind of Bird? Heck that is an easy one. Bird Brain and I done fell in ole C_D's trap of giver er ell boys.

RGone...ster. ________________:bang head:bump:

Partially sarcasm, or entirely sarcasm :D?

Either way, I hope you have 32xAA on those birds...drives me nuts when I suspect that they have jagged edges.

this actually has precedence for me. When I first gamed with SNES emulation on PC (ZSNES)- i was introduced to an early precursor (or variant) to antialiasing. it was called SAL (2x, eagle, etc!) and, the differences were paradigm shifting. The scan lines and all the edges showed how different the PC was from the console, and the scan lines actually were a lot more fun for some reason...:cool:

well, we had a gas lastnight.
he gave us away to the little woman but she just had to give us the thumbs up to game upstairs when she is out!!!!!!!!!
I have one issue, the big screen tv's have a black boarder when used as a monitor.
i tried a few resolutions to no avail.
anybody got any ideas?

Is there a pixel format option on the TV? On my Sanyo, there's actually a button on the remote.

What I mean is, for instance when you are watching TV, and it's playing in 4:3, most TVs can display it a number of ways. They can use a stretched mode, much like if you were to use a wallpaper that isn't the same resolution as your screen, you can have Windows stretch it to fit your screen. Usually, they can also display the picture a number of other ways, all of which are suited to a different resolution or screen format.

dlaw I think you may have it. in the tv's setup menui remember it had 4-3 wide and a few other options.
next time i will have to fiddle around in there. I cant stand wide screen format, the distortion from the center of the screen to the side gets stretched and stretched .

I have one issue, the big screen tv's have a black boarder when used as a monitor.
Look for the overscan/scaling option in the nvidia control panel, You can remove the black edges there.

Back