• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 problems after OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samh980

Hi there,

i bought an AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 which came yesterday.
i installed it with a Corsair H60 Cooler, and Overclocked it to 4.1Ghz (increasing by x0.5 each time of course.

today, i installed some LED strips, which after installing i booted up and i saw half bios and half login background picture.

i restarted the PC and went into Bios (it thankfully worked on 2nd boot) and i restore to optimal defaults, then restarted pc.

it came up to desktop and i loaded a game World of Wrcraft to be exact.
then it froze and i had to turn PC off.

i then restarted it after waiting 10mins. and at the post bios with "start windows normally" i selected startup repair.
it repaired, then restarted, got to desktop and installed the CPU again (by asking for restart).

and once i got to the WoW game this time, it blank screened and buzzed then i turned off the PC.

the next step i am going to take is reseating my Graphics card, as i think that could be the cause of the problem (i was thinking about it while typing this thread) i will repost underneath if it has fixed it or not.

System Specs:
AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 CPU (At stock settings now)
Corsair H60 Watercooler
GTX 550 Ti GPU
Gigabyte 970A-DS3 Mboard
650W PSU
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (@1600Mhz)
500GB HDD (getting more)
Coolermaster Storm Scout Mid Case

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version to support the newer CPU?

Back