• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD CPU speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Just wanting to know why my CPU would be running at a speed greater than its stock speed when I have not changed anything in BIOS.

I am running a 8350 speed of 4.0 ghz no turbo stuff turned on if it even has that had a look in bios earlier.

any ideas?

Cheers,

Bandit

Ok I had a feeling that could be the case but never experienced it myself so thought I would check didn't imagine gigabyte motherboard would do this considering it has no auto o/c options available in the bios (which I was not aware of when I purchased the board) would be nice to overclock this board but I don't want to risk my machine was planning on using a super low safe oc so I dont push or stress my machines parts.

You won't damage that chip with OC it on that board. You'll run out of mobo before you run out of headroom on that FX. Also, that chip will handle 99% of most 24/7 computing needs without ever maxing out.

Ok thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if artifacts on screen is due to improper OC or mobo failure? or ram issues?

What kind of artifacts? Check Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events to look for hardware failures. Artifacts can be caused by a lot of things, including graphics engine issues. The Event Viewer is where I would start looking for clues.

Back