• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Crashes NVidia's party......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why compete with the titan? The market for that card is so small I don't see any purpose to focus on a GPU compute solution competitor when they can beat the 780. You really need to leave your fanboyism at the door man, I don't have to insult a companies products every post I make to prove a point.

AMD should know something about small markets... *coughs at ARES II*

I just find it funny that to make up their R&D deficiencies, AMD goes and trolls nVidia, lol.

If they would've had something to gut (like nVidia did, Tesla K20X > GK110 > Titan/780) I am sure they would've done it just for the bragging rights of the top single-GPU performance crown.

But they have nothing so high end to gut, so they're mad, so they trolled nVidia to try to make up for it to the public

Think its hilarious that they're being applauded here for *sticking it to nVidia* when it's clear who the inferior company is when they have to resort to such tactics to make up for their own deficiencies.

Stay classy, AMD, XD

Last edited:
Ares isn't an amd product, its an Asus product. And if amd cards were trash, nvidia wouldn't have decided to launch the 780ti and have their little party today. There also wouldn't be rumors of them bribing botique pc vendors to not just drop amd cards, but to announce that they were doing so.

Stay fanboyish, culbrelai, XD

You know honestly there's 2, me included, that think this was a really ****ty move if you really want to know how I feel guys but I can understand some being mad at Nvidia for the ridiculous prices this line of GPUs but look at AMD for not coming out with something. Did they do it on purpose knowing they would price high and make them look bad down the road? Maybe. Or did AMD not have anything ready and pooped on themselves? Maybe. But this tactic is as low as you can go. I think AMD follows Nvidia. Sorry guys but I feel Nvidia (US) vs AMD (China), Nvidia is the creator of the GPU and will always be. They know what they need to do to win. China on the other hand has been known to funds their "private" run companies while not admitting to it with their big Credit Card so technically its unfair. Business there are shady, unregulated, patents don't exist nor are the laws followed. It's a shady free for all business. That's how I feel about business out there overseas, hense I tend to stay away from buying products from those companies overseas since customer support as I've read can be a nightmare. I'd rather pay a little more and deal with US companies that get their stuff from overseas than have it the other way around.

Anyways, seeing how I feel about these overseas companies I feel the shady moves are the norm out there and shouldn't be brought over here. Imagine if they did that in the USA? It would be a slap and spit in the face.

Mmmm... Interesting, I might use the step-up program for the first time in my life (780 is 1 week old), so I have till January.

Mmmm... Interesting, I might use the step-up program for the first time in my life (780 is 1 week old), so I have till January.

Step-Up Inventory - What can I Step-Up to?

EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards as well as motherboards available to Step-Up to. Products listed are mostly stock (not factory overclocked, or water cooled) due to stock limitations.

Graphics Card
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 780 - (03G-P4-2781-KR)
I know for sure if it's a reference it will work but it might have to be towards another reference design. So say the GTX 880 Maxwell came out than you could. Not sure if this will work with the GTX 780 Ti. I hope it does so I might have a chance at it. Assuming there will be a waterblock for it.

I am in a different situation since I had to wait for Swiftech to send me their faceplate for their reservoir to fit in the 900D. They insured me that they would talk to EVGA on my behalf (Since they are contracted as well for the WBs) if anything went wrong with the card I would be taken care of but that was for the 30 days. 30 days for EVGA is they will send you a brand new sealed boxed GPU incase the one I bought was bad. After 30 days they send you a refurbished/used one. Would that include the 90 day step-up program? I think I might be entitled to that since I wasted a month+ waiting on Swiftech but they gave me their word so we'll see.

Last edited:
What a great move. I love fierce competition especially when there are only two competitors. It helps drive price down and consumer benefits up. Nice move AMD!

"warning their invited guests not to enter."

Why, they worried they may see something they like better than NVIDIA offerings..

NVIDIA could of totally turned this around to their benefit..

Guys, don't know if you all ready my last sentence from my OP but Nvidia's answer to the R290x will be the GTX 780 Ti. So you can throw Titan out the window on this one. They have stated it will be their top GPU.

Smh......I just spent $800 on a 780 Classified Hydro Copper in the beginning of August. My blood is boiling already. I can't enjoy a dam high-end overpriced GPU as soon as it went live without it getting "old" within 3-4 damn months. :rain: :mad: :bang head :mad: :bang head .....:cry:

The blame can go both ways. For 1, AMD fault for not coming out with a line to answer Nvidias and 2, Nvidia's fault for exploiting its customers. Should've came out with the Ti with all of its other product line and not milk its customers to death.

Sorry exploiting customers, no one forces you to run out and buy the high end cards.. this is why you should wait and not be so quick to buy the latest and greatest.. you should know better by now to wait

Sorry exploiting customers, no one forces you to run out and buy the high end cards.. this is why you should wait and not be so quick to buy the latest and greatest.. you should know better by now to wait

Wait till Maxwell comes out? Common be more reasonable. HC Classifieds we're delayed and came out 2 months ago and now about to be beat? Not jumping the gun here but usually when you buy a "High end card" you have a good year before it gets beat. I feel bad for the Titan folks but than again that card was not just strictly for gaming. (DP)

You know honestly there's 2, me included, that think this was a really ****ty move if you really want to know how I feel guys but I can understand some being mad at Nvidia for the ridiculous prices this line of GPUs but look at AMD for not coming out with something. Did they do it on purpose knowing they would price high and make them look bad down the road? Maybe. Or did AMD not have anything ready and pooped on themselves? Maybe. But this tactic is as low as you can go. I think AMD follows Nvidia. Sorry guys but I feel Nvidia (US) vs AMD (China), Nvidia is the creator of the GPU and will always be. They know what they need to do to win. China on the other hand has been known to funds their "private" run companies while not admitting to it with their big Credit Card so technically its unfair. Business there are shady, unregulated, patents don't exist nor are the laws followed. It's a shady free for all business. That's how I feel about business out there overseas, hense I tend to stay away from buying products from those companies overseas since customer support as I've read can be a nightmare. I'd rather pay a little more and deal with US companies that get their stuff from overseas than have it the other way around.

Anyways, seeing how I feel about these overseas companies I feel the shady moves are the norm out there and shouldn't be brought over here. Imagine if they did that in the USA? It would be a slap and spit in the face.

I think your a bit off. 3dfx would probably be the creator of the modern definition of the GPU

I think your a bit off. 3dfx would probably be the creator of the modern definition of the GPU

Which is Nvidia today. Correction on my part. I used to have a 3dfx Voodoo. Actually might have been my first purchase of a GPU upgrade for my Best Buy Compaq.

Back