• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-4350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Branson33

Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you know how to get this cpu running at a stable 4.8ghz what voltages should i use or what voltages are safe for this cpu and my motherboard is MSI 760GMA-P34 FX thanks!

4.8 ain't happening on that CPU on air and it definitely ain't happening on that board.

2 hours of P95 stable?
If you are, that's about all I would expect out of that board........and even that I wouldn't feel safe with.
Proof please.

About 30 minutes of prime dont have time for 2 hours but socket temps go sky high for some reason at 1.4 volts with cryorig h7 cooler.

IMO, the only MB for FX CPU's is 1 with 990FX chipset that also has 8+2 power phase, like GA-990FXA-UD5 or Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, R3.0 to name a few.

The M5A97/M5A99 are also very decent for a 4350, but you need the r2.0 EVO and additional VRM cooling.

Well, the FX4350 is a 4 cores. Much less power draw than a 6 or 8 cores.

Still the mobo is weak, but I agree with Kenrou: the M5A97/M5A99 r2.0 EVO is a good choice.

In a nutshell, your board and your cooling method is what's holding you back. The CPU isn't the issue.

Alright so if i get a 990fxa gaming motherboard will it maybe work and decent water cooling?

One thing I've learned from past experience:

Never set your expectaions high, because if you can't reach it, you'll just be disappointed.
Nothing is guaranteed in the world of overclocking. There really are "golden chips" out there that will do X clocks on X low Vcore. Chances of finding one?

Slim.

Overclock your chip as high and as safely as you can and enjoy it. Max temps we want to see are 72C Socket, 62C package. :)

Euhhh... Throwing $170+ in a dying socket with a $100 CPU doesn't really makes sense to me...

The 4350 [email protected] stock. 4.7GHz would give a mere 10% increase in perf, not noticeable in any way.

Rather sell the cpu+mobo combo for a $100/$120 and with $270/$290, the OP could get a decent Used 4670k+Mobo combo that would perform muuuuuch better, be it in games, prod, everything.

Maybe even something better...

Back