• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-6100 with Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By the way, if Aero is crashing then your system is unstable.
For some reason with FX, Aero is always the first thing to crash...especially when the CPU is under a large load.

Some FX CPUs crash Aero when at stock settings (ie. Load Line Calibration/Control off) and must be RMA'ed.

I had an FX-8150 that did 4.6 GHz on 1.42v on water cooling but I had Aero crashes at stock speeds, stock voltage, and no LLC. That one went off to RMA. :)

Aero was fine on stock settings.. when I ran the torture test, it went away. I think it's fixed now. I'm running tests on 4.2 ghz still. With my after market cooler, am I pushing it too much?

Aero was fine on stock settings.. when I ran the torture test, it went away. I think it's fixed now. I'm running tests on 4.2 ghz still. With my after market cooler, am I pushing it too much?
Well you need to watch temperatures, and you should have good airflow over the heatsink on the motherboard.

As long as temperatures are in check you should be fine.

Back