• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8320 Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well maybe its diferent with intels. I still follow the 8 hour rule. I dont care I just leave it overnight

I think it may have something to do as well with just HOW MUCH of an overclock is in place. Most that come thru this forum section are not died in the wool overclockers. They mostly have an idea of getting a shade more performance and not the very last bit out of their rigs. If they were real overclockers in general, they would have paid a great deal more attention to the parts and pieces that they laid out their money against.

So I would say in about 90% of the cases we do not push them toward the sketchy overclocks. Solid and hopefully sane clocks that are really the most doable for 24/7 use. Therefore the generally applied rule for 95% of the newer overclockers that pass thru here...2 hours of P95 Blend mode has worked exceptionally well on 1000,s of users. They at least have a fairly solid rig when leaving here and I think almost without 'any' exception, they do not come back complaining of failures in just about any activity they then pursue on their systems. Not fails associated with a particular level of overclock we suggested and they obtained.

That is why we came to the idea of 2 hours P95 Blend without any form of failure. As that time is being reached, we most often wish to see the HWMonitor and the 3 CPUz tabs at the end and then those of us here 24/7s it seems look to see just how close up to being over on temps or volts are being reached and we may make a suggestion at such time for more cool or less clock. This never has been anything resembling a one size fits all.

With all the normal helpers we have in place and about 99% of them on the same page, we have worked thru 1000s of these FX overclocks and have come to the consensus of 2 hours P95 Blend is mighty close to being good for +95% of the users coming in as newbies asking "how do I overclock my shett"? So we will not be suggesting other than 2 hours P95 Blend mode, however any user may either extend his test time as some do or they may as I do use multiple stressors in the process of determining their own stability.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzz:salute:

I think it may have something to do as well with just HOW MUCH of an overclock is in place. Most that come thru this forum section are not died in the wool overclockers. They mostly have an idea of getting a shade more performance and not the very last bit out of their rigs. If they were real overclockers in general, they would have paid a great deal more attention to the parts and pieces that they laid out their money against.

So I would say in about 90% of the cases we do not push them toward the sketchy overclocks. Solid and hopefully sane clocks that are really the most doable for 24/7 use. Therefore the generally applied rule for 95% of the newer overclockers that pass thru here...2 hours of P95 Blend mode has worked exceptionally well on 1000,s of users. They at least have a fairly solid rig when leaving here and I think almost without 'any' exception, they do not come back complaining of failures in just about any activity they then pursue on their systems. Not fails associated with a particular level of overclock we suggested and they obtained.

That is why we came to the idea of 2 hours P95 Blend without any form of failure. As that time is being reached, we most often wish to see the HWMonitor and the 3 CPUz tabs at the end and then those of us here 24/7s it seems look to see just how close up to being over on temps or volts are being reached and we may make a suggestion at such time for more cool or less clock. This never has been anything resembling a one size fits all.

With all the normal helpers we have in place and about 99% of them on the same page, we have worked thru 1000s of these FX overclocks and have come to the consensus of 2 hours P95 Blend is mighty close to being good for +95% of the users coming in as newbies asking "how do I overclock my shett"? So we will not be suggesting other than 2 hours P95 Blend mode, however any user may either extend his test time as some do or they may as I do use multiple stressors in the process of determining their own stability.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzz:salute:

I r teh extreme brah, If it aint at least a 20% OC im not happy

I r teh extreme brah, If it aint at least a 20% OC im not happy

Jah U bee sum ratton, but U donut fit in2 duh 90 pisscentiles 'at ussen deals wit mose uv uh timez. Uze bees in2 duh udder 10 pisscentiles uv peegles. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzz

Jah U bee sum ratton, but U donut fit in2 duh 90 pisscentiles 'at ussen deals wit mose uv uh timez. Uze bees in2 duh udder 10 pisscentiles uv peegles. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzz

DFI brah DFI, was running 35% OC 24/7 on it years ago with a 939 manchester

I don't see you as ' extreme '. :shrug:

And before you go talking DFI with that guy, you better get your ducks in a row. ;)

I don't see you as ' extreme '. :shrug:

And before you go talking DFI with that guy, you better get your ducks in a row. ;)

lol of course not im running at defaults now. Ill show you what I can do over the years. Hey your talking to someone who used to do the pencil trick on tbrids and spitfires 15 years ago. Anything I can do to OC. Im not an average OCer, mmkay ;)

Pffft ducks, I already talked with the DFI guy, and I wish they still made boards.

lol of course not im running at defaults now. Ill show you what I can do over the years. Hey your talking to someone who used to do the pencil trick on tbrids and spitfires 15 years ago. Anything I can do to OC. Im not an average OCer, mmkay ;)

Pffft ducks, I already talked with the DFI guy, and I wish they still made boards.
I guess 'extreme' is in the eye of the beholder.
Everybody did pencil mods back in the day. Some of us still do them........or more. ;)

I've been at this since the 486 days.
I don't really consider myself 'extreme', just average.

Last edited:
I guess 'extreme' is in the eye of the beholder.
Everybody did pencil mods back in the day. Some of us still do them........or more. ;)

I've been at this since the 486 days.
I don't really consider myself 'extreme', just average.

Well can you do 30% OCs? :D

24/7 I can still do 2400 all day long. Still well over 100% OC.

My every day work rig rocks a 40% 24/7 OC.

BF3 and 4 are stable with only 2 hours stress test????
Yes and I play it on both my 4770k and Fx 8350 as well as used to play it on my 2500k which is now my sons and my 955 Be. All passed 2 hours prime blend and never had and issue.

Back