• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX physics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It runs like a champ at a slightly OC'd 2.6 GHz. It won't hold 2750 MHz anymore, but that may be a mobo shortcoming. I took it over 3000 MHz pretty regularly with HT (non BE chip). I think I hit 243 MHz for 3038 MHz. Her current rig essentially has the duties of a Chromebook with a metric crapton of reserve, for her uses anyway. LOL My Athlon 64 struggles now, one core just isn't cuttin' it, but my Phenom X3 at 2.4 GHz streams movies in XP flawlessly while surfing the web. As little as I get to game anymore, my 980 BE probably has enough horsepower for 90% of my uses, especially with my lousy 5 Mbps internet connection. My Skylake may be technically faster, but my ISP puts an artificial ceiling on what I can accomplish in many ways. A 100 mph Toyota is going just as fast as a 100 mph Ferrari. LOL

Back