• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX - Throttling (not temp related)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can confirm that Rgones Find works 100% no probelms on my setup, throttling is RGONE :D forever.

I haven't really done any benches to see if there's better performance (I don't know why) but I did notice higher temps. :chair: Looks like a good time for me to get off the stock cooler.

I'm not using overdrive but it throttles to X7 multiplyer at any type of overclock:shrug:

I haven't really done any benches to see if there's better performance (I don't know why) but I did notice higher temps. :chair: Looks like a good time for me to get off the stock cooler.

I would run a benchmark run but for some reason 3d mark products wont work on my pc anymore /:

I would run a benchmark run but for some reason 3d mark products wont work on my pc anymore /:

Thats very interesting as I have the same problem, 3dmark 11 & 3dmark 06 no longer work for me, yet all other benchmarks still perform as they should

Thats very interesting as I have the same problem, 3dmark 11 & 3dmark 06 no longer work for me, yet all other benchmarks still perform as they should

Use the Tweaker to enable APM again and I bet futuremark junk works again. With it off they (the software) think you are cheating messing with APM. That is my guesss.

Use the Tweaker to enable APM again and I bet futuremark junk works again. With it off they (the software) think you are cheating messing with APM. That is my guesss.

turned out that the culprit was amd CAP - new one is out and I updated , 3dmark now works :screwy:

12.1 cap 1 seemed to be very buggy in games/benchmarks apart from BF3.
12.1 cap 2 seems alot more stable for my setup :)

turned out that the culprit was amd CAP - new one is out and I updated , 3dmark now works :screwy:

12.1 cap 1 seemed to be very buggy in games/benchmarks apart from BF3.
12.1 cap 2 seems alot more stable for my setup :)

Hehehe. A freeken 'official' CAP. Cap my booty, They don't want anyone to run out of bounds.

Glad that is sorted.

Cap my booty,

:D

There is a title to a new song there :rofl::clap:

that will be in the music charts next week lol, "New up and coming just discovered rap artist "Pimp daddy nash" (just made that up- I think) and his track CAp my booty !!! " lol :thup:

*Edit* I just googled pimp daddy nash and there is someone already called that :) sure id never heard it before.

Last edited:
"salsoul" man U are bringing the house down. LoL.

I guess there must be a little fun in all this craziness we get handed us all the time.

Now back to my >>> :chair:

"salsoul" man U are bringing the house down. LoL.

I guess there must be a little fun in all this craziness we get handed us all the time.

Now back to my >>> :chair:

time to worry is when you dont have time to smile :)

My Multiplier still goes to x7 after around 44 degrees.
I only overclocked per multiplier and everything in the bios is set to auto.
Amd FX 6100
ASUS m5a78l le

Bios is up to date

Nando, make a thread of your own. This one is well over a year old, and won't draw attention.

Back