• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX6100 (at $60) vs FX4100 (at $50) / MSI 970A-G46 (at $70) vs ASRock(at $75)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I fully like board number three above. Great idea to my mind. Yes I prefer Asus. Board number 2 is showing out of stock at the EGG. And board number 3 above is not a shabby path to Vishera as "ssjwizard" opines.

Here is how my used/refurb usually goes and why I seldom get a "smoken" deal. Hehehe. RGone...
http://www.google.com/search?q=890+...hop&ei=XbXsUIy8IZPPqQHU_ID4Dw&ved=0CEwQuw0oAQ
Has some pretty good deals on an Asus M4A89GTD mobo but they say no I/O shield. Same for the others on that page. Anyway that board and the CHlV EXTREME shown are pretty good prices in refurb state, but again no I/O shield. I think Asus still sells some I/O shields as do some other places. Selling the 'small' parts they robbed from other boards that now have no I/O shield. Just making money I guess.

I was not really speculating about used vs new, just that new good 890 chipset boards are not really available. I seldom buy anything used and not if I can find it new. Well if it was something from within the group of my buds and I knew the parts history. YMMV.

Somebody in this forum section found a NOS (new old stock) CHlV mobo in the box for $80.00 and now that; IF in my sight would have been scooped up and run in a heart-beat. Probably one of the best 890 chipset boards ever made. But I seldom find such good deals. Once or twice in my lifetime. Hehehe.

Could you recommend some great boards from the 890 series? Keep in mind the OC is my #1 priority; don't care about gaming at all really.

Back