• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX6300 OC guidance, problem with prime95?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like a plan! Meanwhile I'll keep hunting down my RAM's instability... Just pop back into this thread when you're ready to rock. Somebody will see it :)

Well i loaded up my OC profile in BIOS and it started no problems, i decided to try 4.6ghz @ 1.3vcore and failed prime95 within minutes haha, i had an illegal sumout error on worker 1 so i went into BIOS and changed vcore to 1.34 from 1.32, with LLC still enabled it gave me enough to boot into windows and run prime although my package temps rose to 60c after 15mins of blend mode so i stopped the test.

I dont think this motherboard really likes any voltage over 1.4v, because of LLC settings making up the extra few volts when needed, i can reach 1.45v under load and temps really start to rise then, the system also seems alot slower with higher voltages, even basic tasks like loading windows is alot quicker with 1.32vcore or even 1.3vcore in bios.

I think with 1.32vcore and LLC enabled i might be able to run 4.5ghz, i think that will be the maximum im willing to run, if i can just play with LLC and vcore i think i can fine tune it to be stable at that speed.. Is it worth changing the speed of the HT and NB frequency? They both sit at 2000mhz currently ..

That's right about where that board will end, I had a very similar M5A99FX Pro and Mandrake had the Evo version. I managed 4.64 with an AIO cooler and he was in the same ball park. You'll need a pretty good investment to get much higher so just be happy at 4.5 , maybe tinker with the FSB to get a few more MHz but your journey is pretty much over.

Yeah, it doesnt seem happy over 1.4 at all, il be more than happy with 4.5ghz on air cooling, since ive ordered another stick of hyperx ram it should run just fine for my needs. Il do another prime test when my ram arrives and post up my final setup in BIOS for others to see and hopefully get some information from.

Still didnt find out the "unable to allocate memory" problem with prime95 but il see if this appears again when i install 64bit soon and il take it from there

Thanks for all the input everyone, much appreciated :attn:

Ive finally installed my 64bit copy of windows and ran prime95 in blend mode once again, ive been running the test for 8 hours now and i have not encountered any issues. I think i will put the first problem down to 32bit windows or prime95 32bit, whichever it was that caused the issue.. Before i installed 64bit windows i couldnt get passed 4 hours of the test...

here are some HWM and CPU-Z tabs 7 hours into the test, im sure everythings ok now, my bios settings are the same as i posted on page one, highest package temps were 52c, sits around 45c mostly

Untitled 1.jpg Untitled 2.jpg Untitled 3.jpg Untitled 4.jpg

System specs are as follows

Case, Antec 900
OS, Windows 7 Pro 64
Mobo, Asus M5A97
CPU, AMD [email protected] 1.32Vcore, LLC enabled
RAM, 16gb HyperX Fury
PSU, 730w Bequiet! 80+ Bronze
Cooling, Zalman CPNS10x, 2 Coolermaster sickleflow, 1 120mm exhaust, 2 120mm intake, optional 200mm top mount intake fan.

Big thanks to everyone who helped out:D

Looks good Mark, maybe even a bit of room for a little more.

Back