• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd fx8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh btw, that Hercules power supply that was in my sig is not the one I'm going to actually use, it was just one I had laying around to test to see if the problem was with my power supply. I'm checking out some Corsairs in the 600 watt range. I could probably go as low as a 400 seeing how I also have the Visiontek 450w dedicated psu.

Last edited:
Got my new Corsair hooked up in tandem with my VisionTek psu. Shouldn't have any power issues now :) The VisionTek is running one of the NVidia cards and the main psu is running the the other card. Wouldn't mind a little input about my setup if anybody thinks that may not be enough power, but I was checking with the power consumption for my cards and each will pull about 244 watts under load. And according to this link http://support.asus.com/PowerSupply.aspx?SLanguage=en I need a total of 1000 watts for my setup.

First I don't know why you wouldn't have gotten a bigger PSU, but that being said I would expect you should be able to run the whole system on just the corsair. The 244w you quote not sure where you got that number, but I assume you found that on a review site. Typically the reviews report on full system power draw not specifically the card.

244w is the total system power consumption not the Gpu.
Those cards even overclocked to the max wouldn't draw more then 300w combined.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right about the power consumption on the card. I read the title wrong. Anyways, I've had the VisionTek psu for a few years and when it came down to getting a power supply, money did factor into my decision, seeing how I am on a limited budget. I got the corsair from Best Buy for 60 bucks and running both psu's for a total of 1050 watts it shouldn't ever max out either of them.

Attachments

• 8800load.jpg
    8800load.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 29
We were just saying that there really isn't any need to do that. The Corsair should be able to handle the load.

Back