• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Launches R9 290 Series Graphics Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Titan = beaten on 3DMark performance settings and at lesser clocks, so there isnt 4k res needed in order to beat a Titan.

So the OC scaling of the 290X is shocking, question is just how to tackle the insane TDP on air cooling...

Depends on the benchmark of game... Tom's selection of games had the R9-290X beat the Titan on average by 6.12% while at 1920x1080

At 2560x1440 the Titan was beaten on average by 10.5%

To be honest, if you Really want the Best performance then you need to look at what games you want to be playing and whether the difference actually matters... for example there is no point choosing the Titan because it gets 126.7fps over the 290X's 108.8 in WOW @ 1080 while you also see the 290X get 68.6 in Tomb Raider @ 1080 Vs the Titans 59.4fps...

But I think you get the idea they are both damn Good with excellent fps @ 1080 in all games. There is just that subtle price difference of the Titan costing about 100% more than a R9-290X for perhaps less performance... (or marginally more for some sets of games)

While AMD has such a great product it would seem wise to support the underdog and help boost their future R&D budget to ensure we keep getting this great competition driving performance Up and prices Down :)
- especially easy when they are faster too

Agreed.

I could not pass on the 780 I got 2 weeks ago (crazy deal). But I really have the itch for a 290x...

A Wild Brown Box Appears...

1W8TXeg.jpg

More to come...

box-resized.jpg
wrappedcard-resized.jpg
card-resized.jpg
cardside-resized.jpg
cardback-resized.jpg
cardports-resized.jpg
the ports are 2xDVI-Dual Link, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort (full sized).

Now these were taken with my basic point and shoot and I didn't do any editing/etc with them (just resized).

For those interested in folding it is sitting at 110k PPD with the newest whitelist/gpus.txt running client-type advanced.

Last edited:
A Wild Brown Box Appears...

View attachment 134406

More to come...

View attachment 134407
View attachment 134408
View attachment 134409
View attachment 134410
View attachment 134411
View attachment 134412
the ports are 2xDVI-Dual Link, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort (full sized).

Now these were taken with my basic point and shoot and I didn't do any editing/etc with them (just resized).

For those interested in folding it is sitting at 110k PPD with the newest whitelist/gpus.txt running client-type advanced.

That's amazing! :D
You'll slap a block on it or run it on air?

EDIT: how can you disable tess with the new 13.11 beta 6 and 7 drivers? I couldn't find the option and it installed a stupid gaming evolved program.

Lol, when you install, its an option in there.

It should be there, will check beta7 here in a bit...

Back