• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD OR NVIDIA....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonthunder

So Im working on a fruit based build and currently had a change of heart about the hardware im going to use... I'm thinking of going with AMD Ryzen

Thing is I was with intel and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB - But now Im thinking go all AMD and get this Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 560 Pulse OC 4GB Graphics Card

It wouldnt be for gaming just graphic design - Liking the RX 560 purely because of its supporting features and would like everything matching..

Which would be the better option?

Are AMD cpus support in fruit-based OSes? Afaik they've had Intel only since they switched from PPC?

What's your budget? To me, the RX 560 is a bit down the list. I mean sure, it'll play well together with that system, but gaming performance is lacking a little. I just got a RX 580, but honestly you should wait a bit longer until the new Vega is released by AMD. The whole vid card lineup will be changed. Besides, this is also a bad time to buy because vendors are out of stock from the mining boom ( which just went bust). When availability is low, prices are high.

560 is stronger then 750 ti. Check the prices if they fallen down to normal values buy it.

560 is pretty dead even with HD 7850/R9 270 but uses half the power. I can push the clocks on mine up to 1400/1950 but haven't done more than a few benches to see whether it is truly stable or not. IMO the 560 is great budget card depending on what you have planned for it.

560 is pretty dead even with HD 7850/R9 270 but uses half the power. I can push the clocks on mine up to 1400/1950 but haven't done more than a few benches to see whether it is truly stable or not. IMO the 560 is great budget card depending on what you have planned for it.
Some Photoshop / simple 3d work. But mainly print / layout work.

Some Photoshop / simple 3d work. But mainly print / layout work.
Well, I guess Im not terribly certain what specs you need to get "x" performance with those uses, but if there are benches you want to see I can run them. Gimp runs quickly enough for the light uses I put it to :shrug: Ive got a couple Heaven runs saved, and Ill post up those images once I get to the desktop machine.

Edit:
560_1400_1950_no_pwr_adjust.PNG

While this may not seem too terribly impressive, I think it is fair considering the resolution and extreme tesselation. 1400mhz core and 1950mhz mem with no power adjustments. Just hiked the clocks and hit apply in afterburner. 50-60W at full load and sitting pretty in the 55-60C range for temps, even for long duration. If I have one gripe it is that I didnt get the 4gb version :facepalm:

Last edited:
Back