• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD outsold Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rseven said:
Well, don't get too drunk. Those stats do not include direct system sales, as in Gateway and Dell. Obviously, Intel still outsold AMD if you include those numbers, but still it's progress.
Agreed. Let's not get too excited. Intel still accounts for over 82% of processors shipped worldwide.
Box makers like Dell won't jump on board until AMD can supply more chips. Hopefully that will change once the new east German production facility is going full steam.

The next big crux will be Intel's 65nm process. Will be very interesting to see how that pans out next year.

P. S. - no I am not a fanboy , just looking at things objectively

Last edited:
I think we're a little ways from having to worry about Intel being "crushed". Now it's back to my AMD X2 box...oh wait I can't multi-task on it at all...I'd better go buy a Wintel Dell box immediately!

...and the stereotypes continue...

Im glad that AMD is getting some guts and glory finally. But yeah AMD shouldnt crush Intel because that that point it would be a monoply and we dont like that (unless its the game with hot women ;) )

As for Dell switching over...I would like to state thats like a snowballs chance in hell. Dell is one of the leading manufacturers for Intel systems and with their ads and all have brainwashed most average users. "Blahhhh Intel gooooddd" says the usual Intel user.

Panny said:
I hope AMD doesn't crush Intel, Afterall us mult-taskers and not straight gamers have to survive.
I don't think anyone needs to worry about that in this decade. We need the competition, and in fact we need more companies in the market not fewer.

Very nice thread people. Regardless of wether you prefer AMD or Intel, strong competition is good for us. Glad to see people on both sides of the processor coin agreeing to this without rabid fanboyisim. :thup:

Big whoop. Do it for the fiscial year and you will impress me.

Just because over half of all premades were sold with an AMD doesn't mean anything other than Intel is loosing share in the premade retial market.

They are still the largest CPU maker in the world, and will dominate sales for the fiscial year.

All that really happend was AMD was able to get their foot in the OEM door. I doubt they shipped that many more CPUs than last year, they were just shipped to different places.

{PMS}fishy said:
Big whoop. Do it for the fiscial year and you will impress me.

Just because over half of all premades were sold with an AMD doesn't mean anything other than Intel is loosing share in the premade retial market.

They are still the largest CPU maker in the world, and will dominate sales for the fiscial year.

All that really happend was AMD was able to get their foot in the OEM door. I doubt they shipped that many more CPUs than last year, they were just shipped to different places.

I thought this excluded premades? I thought this was just buying chips themselves the retailers?

mdameron said:
I thought this excluded premades? I thought this was just buying chips themselves the retailers?

"More than half of all computer systems US stores sold during September carried an AMD processor."

Its all about premades. The media PC boom is a big part of it too.

rseven said:
Well, don't get too drunk. Those stats do not include direct system sales, as in Gateway and Dell. Obviously, Intel still outsold AMD if you include those numbers, but still it's progress.
Yes. Direct != Retail.

This is good news, but not getting wasted news :) It does call for a minor celebration, and shows that Chipzilla is NOT invincible.

Keep up the good innovating, boys.

{PMS}fishy said:
"More than half of all computer systems US stores sold during September carried an AMD processor."

Its all about premades. The media PC boom is a big part of it too.

Whats the deal? We're just saying that AMD is getting up there. It ain't like Intel is out of the game. Let us have our fun, man.

Cheator said:
Whats the deal? We're just saying that AMD is getting up there. It ain't like Intel is out of the game. Let us have our fun, man.

Just keeping you guys in check, and the facts straight.

gin an mt. dew??????????? yuck lol.

amd has a long ways to go, but good for them. i like competition, and im really excited for next christmas! the big guns will be out so to speak.

Back